GR55 audio player cannot replay a backing track?

Started by metadata, August 10, 2011, 07:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

metadata

Anyone know how can I restart a backing track as in I've messed up playing the guitar in the middle of the track and want to restart from beginning.

Seem currently it can only do pause/resume and not stop/restart feature.


gumtown

Quote from: metadata on August 10, 2011, 07:35:59 PM
Anyone know how can I restart a backing track as in I've messed up playing the guitar in the middle of the track and want to restart from beginning.

Seem currently it can only do pause/resume and not stop/restart feature.
The current buttons are not re-assignable, but there are two things i do.
1) use the Page < and Page > buttons for FForward and Rewind, each press skips 20seconds, or
2) stop the stop pedal and press pedal (1) and then pedal (2), this will jump back to the last song and then jump forward to the start of the song you were playing.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

metadata

Thks gumtown   :)
Seem strange such a standard feature is missing in such a modern sophicated equipment.
Now I have to strain my back everytime to practice my jam track  :'(

Quote from: gumtown on August 10, 2011, 08:08:15 PM
The current buttons are not re-assignable, but there are two things i do.
1) use the Page < and Page > buttons for FForward and Rewind, each press skips 20seconds, or
2) stop the stop pedal and press pedal (1) and then pedal (2), this will jump back to the last song and then jump forward to the start of the song you were playing.

mbenigni

Quote from: metadata on August 10, 2011, 08:24:13 PM
Seem strange such a standard feature is missing in such a modern sophicated equipment.

You can expect to see a lot of this.  The GR55 is a weird beast - capable of so much it's astonishing, but with a few blind spots that are almost beyond belief.

Greavette

SOLUTION HERE. Download NCH to convert your file. FAT32 AND it DOES NOT recognize 64 gig drives!!!

gumtown

Quote from: Greavette on March 12, 2024, 01:38:32 PMSOLUTION HERE. Download NCH to convert your file. FAT32 AND it DOES NOT recognize 64 gig drives!!!
The maximum USB memory size the GR-55 can read is 32GB
and must be formatted type in "FAT/FAT32"
Audio files must be 22 or 44.1kHz 16bit *.wav or *.AIFF audio format, mono or stereo.

The smaller size USB memory the quicker the GR-55 boot up time (4GB or less is good).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

kenact

Quote from: gumtown on March 12, 2024, 03:16:33 PMThe smaller size USB memory the quicker the GR-55 boot up time (4GB or less is good).
I've been using 32GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade SDCZ50-032G sticks, and I don't notice any performance hits. I think it really depends on the speed of the memory in the thumb drive.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7