80's Bass Synth, ala Depeche Mode..

Started by SteveBFX, March 20, 2024, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveBFX

Hi Guys! New member here. Bass player. I've had my SY-300 for a few months now and enjoy it so much it has become an indispensable tool for my gigs and rehearsals. I recently decided to create my own "patch from scratch" because I needed to replicate that great 80's SYNTH BASS sound on my bass guitar. Something along the lines of Depeche Mode....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfiISFiozg8

So, after wrestling with it for a few days, this is the result. I think I'm about 50% there... but can't seem to tweak anything else to get it to 100%.

Here it is for your own usage if you like.. and even better if you can take a look at it and see if there is anything I am missing in order to achieve that EXACT sound. Thanks and enjoy!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group SteveBFX!  :)

Brent Flash

Quote from: SteveBFX on March 20, 2024, 07:54:23 PMSo, after wrestling with it for a few days, this is the result. I think I'm about 50% there... but can't seem to tweak anything else to get it to 100%.

Here it is for your own usage if you like.. and even better if you can take a look at it and see if there is anything I am missing in order to achieve that EXACT sound. Thanks and enjoy!
Thanks for contributing! You may find what you are looking for if you scroll through patches others have posted in this thread.

SteveBFX

Quote from: Brent Flash on March 20, 2024, 08:43:16 PMThanks for contributing! You may find what you are looking for if you scroll through patches others have posted in this thread.

Hi Brent,

Thanks.. yes, I already perused your rather large library of great patches... didn't find this specific one.. and I acknowledge.. it's REALLY specific.. hahahaha. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts but if not, then my patch works at least some of the way there... GO 80'S!!! ;-)

Love all the peeps in this forum. Priceless.

Thanks again,
Steve