BOSS KATANA:GO KNOWLEDGE BASE

Started by Elantric, March 18, 2024, 09:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

BOSS KATANA:GO KNOWLEDGE BASE

KATANA:GO: What you can do with BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA:GO

The BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA:GO app (Android, iOS) allows you to edit sounds, manage the sound library, download livesets from BOSS TONE EXCHANGE, enjoy playing sessions along with YouTube videos or songs (SESSION), and much more. For details on how to use, see "Using BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA:GO".

NOTE: Currently, only livesets created by BOSS can be downloaded within the BOSS TONE STUDIO app. Support for downloading and sharing user content will be added in June 2024. You can access all user content features by visiting BOSS TONE EXCHANGE with your web
browser. https://bosstoneexchange.com/

KATANA:GO: Livesets you can download at BOSS TONE EXCHANGE for the KATANA:GO

You can download the following types of liveset for KATANA:GO from BOSS TONE EXCHANGE.

KATANA:GO
KATANA (Original model) (*1)
KATANA Mk II (*1)
KATANA BASS (*2)
*1 Downloadable only in GUITAR mode.
*2 Downloadable only in BASS mode.

NOTE: Currently, only livesets created by BOSS can be downloaded within the BOSS TONE STUDIO app. Support for downloading and sharing user content will be added in June 2024. You can access all user content features by visiting BOSS TONE EXCHANGE with your web
browser. https://bosstoneexchange.com/

KATANA:GO: "KATANA:GO AUDIO" does not appear on the Bluetooth settings screen of my mobile device.

Please check the remaining power of your mobile device's battery when "KATANA:GO AUDIO" does not appear on the Bluetooth settings screen.

If the battery level becomes low and the power-saving mode is activated, the Bluetooth function may be disabled.

KATANA:GO: Can I connect the unit to my computer via Bluetooth?

Bluetooth audio/MIDI communication between the KATANA:GO and a computer is not supported.

KATANA:GO: How do I perform the guitar along with songs playing on my mobile device?

When you connect the KATANA:GO and your mobile device via Bluetooth, you can play your guitar along with the songs playing on your mobile device.

To pair the KATANA:GO and mobile device, perform the steps below:

Press the [Bluetooth] button.
If "DISCONNECTED" appears, press the [Bluetooth] button once again.
On your mobile device (such as a smartphone), turn the Bluetooth switch on.
Tap "KATANA:GO AUDIO" that's shown in the Bluetooth screen of your mobile device.
This pairs this unit with your mobile device.
When pairing is completed, "♪:〇" appears in the display.
Play a song on your mobile device.
MEMO: When you long-press the [Bluetooth] button while Bluetooth is connected, the connection is temporarily severed. The connection is re-established when you turn the power on again. When unpairing, delete the registration data on your mobile device.

KATANA:GO: What type of USB cable can I use for USB audio functionality?

The included USB cable (USB Type-C(R) to USB Type-A cable) or a commercially available USB cable that supports data transfer is required to exchange audio data between the KATANA:GO and a computer, iPad or iPhone.

NOTE: Charge-only cables cannot transmit data.

KATANA:GO: Can I use it while charging?

Yes, you can use the KATANA:GO even while charging.

KATANA:GO: How do I charge the unit?

Connect the USB port of the KATANA:GO to your computer or to a commercially available USB AC adaptor (5V, 500 mA or more).

It can take about three hours to fully charge the battery when the unit's power is off.
Even if you do not intend to use this product for a long period of time, recharge the internal lithium-ion battery once every three months to avoid degradation.

KATANA:GO: Is it possible to replace the internal lithium-ion battery myself?

No, the internal lithium-ion battery of the KATANA:GO is not user-replaceable.

If it can no longer be charged, or if the remaining battery capacity declines quickly after charging, please contact our support/service center, your retailer, or a Roland/BOSS official dealer for service.

KATANA:GO: How many hours can I continue to use the unit on the rechargeable lithium-ion battery power?

You can use the KATANA:GO for approximately five hours on its rechargeable lithium-ion battery.

* When the CHARGE indicator turns red, the remaining battery power is low and the unit powers down within 30 minutes.

KATANA:GO: Can I turn off the screen saver?

No, you cannot turn it off. The screen saver of the KATANA:GO is always enabled (on), in order to reduce battery drain and maximize available operating time.

KATANA:GO: When I left the unit for a while, a dot moving along the screen edge appeared instead of characters: Is this a malfunction?

No, it's not a malfunction. If the KATANA:GO is not used for a certain period of time, the display changes to a screen saver with a moving dot.

NOTE: The screen saver of the KATANA:GO is always enabled (on), in order to reduce battery drain and maximize available operating time.

KATANA:GO: How do I edit the effects?

To edit the effects of KATANA:GO, you will need the BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA:GO (iOS, Android) app. You can use the BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA:GO app to edit sounds and manage the sound library. For details, see "Using the BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA:GO" (BOSS website).

NOTE: Effects cannot be edited in KATANA:GO unit.

KATANA:GO: Can it be used for a bass guitar?

Yes. The KATANA:GO can be used for a bass guitar when the BASS mode is on.

To switch the mode to "BASS", perform the following steps:

1. Turn the [POWER] switch to the "OFF" setting.

2. Turn the [POWER] switch "ON" while holding down the [Bluetooth] button.

3. Use +/– on the multi-function button to switch between modes.

4. Press the multi-function button once.

Once the message "Turn off the power" appears on the display, turn the KATANA:GO off and then on again.

MEMO:
This is set to "GUITAR" when using the factory settings.
The KATANA:GO starts up using the selected mode until the next time you switch modes.
This setting is saved to memory for the GUITAR and BASS modes individually.

Elantric

Katana:Go works for recording and USB Audio Playback with USB to iPad

In late April 2024 I will test with Android

Known working USB-C to USB-C Audio Cables for iPad Pro, Android
USB C to USB C 0.4 Ft

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PTYKV6N/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JHY4NYJ

Elantric

KATANA:GO PARAMETERS  (excel spreadsheet)