GP-10 BTS 1.1.1 - Extremely frustrating software

Started by Vaultnaemsae, March 13, 2024, 08:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaultnaemsae

The last-updated-in-2017 BTS software is unpredictable and buggy.

I broke out the GP-10 last night to set up 30 patches, all alternate tuning ideas. What I thought would take 30 minutes ended up taking hours and required work various arounds and plain old repetitive manual entry and re-entry.

Editing a patch and want to save it to a sound set directly? No, you must overwrite a device preset first.

Want to edit a preset in a soundset? You must write it to your device first, save over whatever preset is in the device and then export it to the soundset. And it's slow...

Want to change parameters in an on-device preset and then save it? The changes may or may not be saved. Flip a coin.

Enter a name for your preset and enter the letter "d"? no...sorry, you can't do that, obviously you want to enable dictation.

Is this workflow bollocks or am I using it incorrectly?
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

kevorkian

Quote from: Vaultnaemsae on March 13, 2024, 08:39:09 PMEnter a name for your preset and enter the letter "d"? no...sorry, you can't do that, obviously you want to enable dictation.

I haven't used my GP-10 in quite some time now (since I purchased the SY-1000).

But I've been experiencing something similar when entering various characters in the SY-300 editor on macOS and a recent OS. My workaround (which is fussy) is to assign app-specific shortcuts to specify modifier key combinations for dictation, etc and that seems to allow the use of the letter "e" again without opening the emoji picker.

Seems so shortsighted of boss not to have used a global editor for all of their products with a plug-in architecture for specific purchases. That way even the old models could at least benefit from GUI bugfixes and other generalized updates.

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/