Plug the RC300 directly into PA mixer

Started by lygf, March 11, 2024, 07:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lygf

Hi

I want to use my RC300 on stage, I have a multieffect with amp/speaker sim before the RC300.

I wonder if I can plug RC300 directly into PA mixer, or if I rather have to buy a DI to have a proper signal.

Any advice appreciated !

Brent Flash

Brent Flash

Quote from: lygf on March 11, 2024, 07:00:00 AMHi

I want to use my RC300 on stage, I have a multieffect with amp/speaker sim before the RC300.

I wonder if I can plug RC300 directly into PA mixer, or if I rather have to buy a DI to have a proper signal.

Any advice appreciated !
To answer your question a little more information would be helpful. With that being said, to avoid any possible problems using an unfamiliar PA system, using a DI would help in that case. You may get away with plugging right into the mixer. But to be safe and avoid issues, a DI would help.

lygf

Thanks !

I can give you more information about my setup, but I guess you are talking about PA hardware, and I don't have much information... Besides I'd like my configuration to work with any context ! So let's go for a DI.

If you have any suggestion for a DI device known to work well with RC300, I'am interested.

Brent Flash

Quote from: lygf on March 11, 2024, 07:56:38 AMThanks !

If you have any suggestion for a DI device known to work well with RC300, I'am interested.

Your welcome!  :)
As for "known to work well" I don't have an RC300 so I have no personal experience with it but I like this kinda "Swiss Army knife" DI for price and features. Link to DI at Sweetwater

Brent Flash

One more thing, if you decide to get the one I sent a link to, make sure it has 1/4" TRS inputs. The picture shows it has them and the description says they have them but later in the specs it does not list them. So I don't know if it was just an omission by mistake.
You would want to connect your RC with 1/4" TRS cable/cables to the DI.

Brent Flash

Sorry! One more thing.  ::) You can disregard the 1/4" TRS statement, it looks like your RC300 does not have balanced 1/4" TRS output so that would be a waste of money using that type cable to connect to the DI.

IMH1234

Quote from: lygf on March 11, 2024, 07:56:38 AMThanks !

I can give you more information about my setup, but I guess you are talking about PA hardware, and I don't have much information... Besides I'd like my configuration to work with any context ! So let's go for a DI.

For maximum flexibility live to connect a range of equipment you probably need a couple of helper boxes to hand in your gig bag - A line isolator and a DI. The line isolator is for situations when you need to interface with a line input and are experiencing hum. The DI for situations there is an available mic pre channel - you won't always be able to rely on there being a mic channel available tough. The other situation you will encounter (probably more often than not) is that the desk will happily take an unbalanced -10dB signal from the RC300 so no helper boxes are needed.

I have suggested the Radial products below - these may be overkill for your needs but are the pro standard and should last a lifetime in any stage, studio or touring situation. They are however premium price and if you are doing occasional casual gigs you might decide other stuff will work as well for what you need - Brent's suggestion looks good for less money

https://www.radialeng.com/product/stagebug-sb6
https://www.radialeng.com/product/prod2

lygf