Katana Mkii in Alsa/Pipewire

Started by swarfrat, March 08, 2024, 02:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swarfrat

I'm running Debian12 (bookworm). The Katana fixes have apparently been in the kernel a while at thia point. I see the device in aplay -l and also in pw-top.  But i lose all sound out my main  interface when the Katana is plugged in.

I think this is a sink/source pactl issue, not an Alsa issue. What I'd like to happen is to just pipe the output from the Katana to the monitor of the UMC1820, but I'm still digging into that. (I'm not trying to record it just yet  I just want to use my monitor speakers instead of the 5" internal speaker in the head at times for patch tweaking)

What does amixer -c KATANA show for you? I don't see audio devices here just the midi  though pactl info suggests it found them.

swarfrat

I got it working using
/etc/pipewire/katana.conf
[General]
auto-profiles = no

[Profile Katana-Stereo]
input.channels = 2
input.format = "S32LE"
input.rate = 44100
device.profile.name = "katana-stereo"
device.profile.description = "Boss Katana Stereo input"
device.profile.description.all = "Boss Katana Stereo"

[Device]
name = "Katana"
description = "Boss Katana Guitar Amplifier"

[Context]
default.name = "main"
device="KATANA"
input.format="S32LE"
input.rate=44100

[Element input]
device = "KATANA"
channels = 18
channel_map = 1,2

[Element output]
device = "KATANA"
channels = 20
channel_map = 1,2

And then
/etc/udev/rules.d/99-Katana.rules
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="sound", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0582", ATTRS{idProduct}=="01d8", RUN+="/usr/bin/pactl load-module module-loopback source=alsa_input.usb-BOSS_KATANA-01.pro-input-0 sink=alsa_output.usb-BEHRINGER_UMC1820_D7DD5427-00.multichannel-output"
ACTION=="remove", SUBSYSTEM=="sound", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0582", ATTRS{idProduct}=="01d8", RUN+="/usr/bin/pactl unload-module module-loopback"

But it's horribly laggy. I'm sure it's likely a format/samplerate conversion issue but I haven't gotten to the bottom of it just yet.