GX-100 Control Function buttons

Started by Claclo66, March 06, 2024, 12:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claclo66

Hi everyone
I hope someone can help me.
In the Control Functions panel, I don't understand which buttons control the functions called "1"; "2"; "3"; "4" and "CUR NUM".
Not to be confused with the "MANUAL 1–4" functions.
tks

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group Claclo66!  :)

gumtown

Not a GX-100 user, but on typical Boss units,
"CURNUM" = current pedal number which is active.

So if you are currently on a patch which has, for example, pedal number 2 active,
 by pressing the same number 2 pedal again, you can toggle a function of your choice (tuner, solo boost, etc...), so the pedal can have a dual function.

For the other numbers 1~4, my guess is that in memory mode, you can use the pedals 1~4 to recall a patch of your choice on each pedal, maybe ?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Brent Flash

Quote from: Claclo66 on March 06, 2024, 12:10:23 PMHi everyone
I hope someone can help me.
In the Control Functions panel, I don't understand which buttons control the functions called "1"; "2"; "3"; "4" and "CUR NUM".
Not to be confused with the "MANUAL 1–4" functions.
tks
I don't have one of these but I think that in "Manual Mode" the switches 1-2-3-4 can be assigned a function and that can be per patch or system wide depending on how you have it setup. Maybe someone that has one will chime in soon and give you a definitive answer.  8)

Claclo66

Thanks to your comments, I think I understand. 
【1-4】 refers to the 4 buttons when it is in Memory Mode, while 【Manual 1-4】 when it is in Manual Mode. 
Also very interesting is the 【CURNUM】to give a double function to a button. 
Now I would like to find a combination to assign the TAP without wasting a button.
It would have been very useful and intelligent to put it on the touch screen. 
thanks and happy playing!

Magic Russ

Quote from: gumtown on March 06, 2024, 02:01:53 PMNot a GX-100 user, but on typical Boss units,
"CURNUM" = current pedal number which is active.

So if you are currently on a patch which has, for example, pedal number 2 active,
 by pressing the same number 2 pedal again, you can toggle a function of your choice (tuner, solo boost, etc...), so the pedal can have a dual function.

For the other numbers 1~4, my guess is that in memory mode, you can use the pedals 1~4 to recall a patch of your choice on each pedal, maybe ?

Yes, it works mostly just like older GT units.  One difference is that CTL2 can differentiate between short taps and long taps.  The factory setting is that a short tap turns on the tuner and a long tap turns on manual mode, but I have it set the other way.

By default, in memory mode the bank up/down and number pedals change banks and change patches in banks, but you can assign them as you wish.  Doing so obviously limits the number of patches available but also grants a bit of flexibility.

Any of the control functions can be set on a system wide or per memory basis.

Also, unlike the number pedals, bank up/down pedals function the same in bank mode as in memory mode.  I think on older units they used to call memory mode patch mode but it's been a while.

One of the other things you can do with CURNUM (or at least used to be able to do in older GTs), in conjunction with an internal pedal assign, is to assign it so that when you click on it it goes into manual mode for 3 or 4 seconds and then returns into memory mode.  I preferred to use CURNUM as a solo boost though.