VG 99 altered tuning problems

Started by grbguitarplayer, February 29, 2024, 05:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grbguitarplayer

I have a VG 99 that all of a sudden all the drop and altered tunings seem to be playing the original and the dropped note at the same time.I thought maybe it was the GK3 going bad so I got a new one but I still have the same issues It's very weird, it has been working fine up until last week. I did a factory restore like 3 times but still the problem. Does anyone know if this is a known issue with them? I also have another cable that I tried so it's not it. Hope someone has seen this before. Thank You for any help!

aliensporebomb

Try this - turn your guitar's volume all the way down so none of the actual regular pickups aren't going through the setup.  Does that help?  If the GK switch is set to "Both" have it set to GK only.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group grbguitarplayer!  :)

Brent Flash

Quote from: grbguitarplayer on February 29, 2024, 05:03:19 PMI have a VG 99 that all of a sudden all the drop and altered tunings seem to be playing the original and the dropped note at the same time.I thought maybe it was the GK3 going bad so I got a new one but I still have the same issues It's very weird, it has been working fine up until last week. I did a factory restore like 3 times but still the problem. Does anyone know if this is a known issue with them? I also have another cable that I tried so it's not it. Hope someone has seen this before. Thank You for any help!
Through the years this has come up over and over and yes make sure you don't have regular pickups mixed in but most every time you are hearing your strings that are actually not that far from your ears. I know it does not seem possible and that is what everyone (even me) thinks that they can't be that loud but...
We always recommend turning your speakers up or wearing closed cup headphones or recording the output of the VG to see if you hear the same on the recording.
I am not saying it is impossible that something other than this can't be happening but it is usually what is going on. Let us know if any of these things work and if not we can look at other possibilities. :)