HELP! New GT-1000 user question

Started by DLW104, February 02, 2024, 05:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW104

Hi - I just got a GT-1000  and have a question/problem with patches.  Specifically, when you save a patch, is that independent of all other patches?  are the Amp1 and compressor block parameters only global?  The problem I am having is that when I make a change to any parameter in the compressor or in the Amp1 block, such as threshold, level, bass/treble, sag, etc, I see that change reflected in all of my patches where those blocks are used.  It's like it's treating those two blocks as global across patches.  So whats the point of having patches?  If anyone can help me out or tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.  Its very frustrating!

For instance, i created patch U01-1 for bass with specific parameter settings for the Bass X-Comp in the compressor block.  I copied that patch to U01-3 to use as a starting point. Then I changed the compressor type to Boss Comp and changed all the parameters for ratio, output level, direct mix, etc. to get a different sound, and saved that patch as U01-3.  But when I switch back to the first patch, U01-1 where I started, the comp effect name reverts to the Bass X-Comp, but it keeps the comp parameters from U01-3.  The original parameter settings saved in patch U01-1 are GONE.  The same thing happens with the Amp1 parameters.  When I make a change to them in one patch, its like it stays stuck on those parameters and overwrites the parameters of the patch I switched to.

HELP!

DLW104

Oh, I think I figured it out.   Stompboxes.   When I changed the patches to not use saved stompboxes, the behavior stopped.   Those stompboxes are awful.  All kinds of unintended changes can be made if you use them.  Is there any way turn stompboxes off completely at the global level, or do you have to do it in each individual patch?

Elantric

Each individual patch

I open the GT-1000 Parameter Guide PDF, and search on any term

Also review the GT-1000 tutorial here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=23504.0

DLW104

I swear, I am so frustrated with this thing.  Now I cannot figure out how to make the LED colors work.  Despite what I have them set to, they are just doing their own thing and I can't change it. 

In Memory mode, all i want is a blue led over the number (1-5) of the patch i have selected, and the others off until I select that switch.  In Manual mode, I want certain colors associated with 1-5 when on, otherwise off.  Manual mode works. 

But in Memory mode, somehow I get no light at all for 1, when 2 is selected there is no light for 2, but an orange light comes on over 1.  When I step on 3, no lights come on at all but CRTL 3 randomly turns pink, even though I have no colors set to pink at all in the  entire color assign table.

It's totally whazzed up and I cannot figure out how to fix it.  Changing assigned colors in the LED color assign table does nothing.

I thought this thing was supposed to be customizable?

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Elantric

Deep dive here

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24335.0

With all Boss gear, its important to save your presets to your computer ( as Boss Tone Studio Livesets *.tsl files)

When you experience wonky behavior. Perform a full system Reset to reinitialze the GT-1000 to factory setting
s

System Reset is Important if its a used unit , and verify your GT-1000 Firmware is very latest  , and Perform a Reset after updating firmware to reset all memory blocks to a known state. Its an  important house keeping procedure ( many perform a system reset several times a year )  - then reload your work in progress patches.

DLW104

Thank you Elantric!   That really helps!

Brent Flash

DLW104

I am still having problems assigning colors to the different switches.  I do not understand how it works, the manuals are no help - "The illumination behavior and color that are appropriate for the footswitch function will be specified."  What the heck does that even mean?  How does it decide what color is appropriate to which function?  Because mine does seem to be just assigning random colors to switches all on its own, no matter what color I set it to for each switch.

For instance, I want to make the bank up and bank down switches always white, always on, all the time.  I cannot figure out how to do this.  when i set them to System and specify auto white in the colors, it only makes them white in the patch that I am on when I do it.  They revert to blue if I switch to another patch.   How do I make that white color global?  Do i have to re-set the color in every single patch I have and then write the patch, one at a time?

BTW, I performed a system reset when I got the unit and updated it to the lastest firmware version - 3.21 for system and 3.20.2 for Tone studio.  ALso updated to most recent drivers.  So it isn't any of that.