UserName Change

Started by Muirén, January 24, 2024, 08:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muirén

@admin Looking to be more active and want to change my username 'Rain' to my real name Muiren.

Thank you,

Muirén

I just logged out and tried logging in using Muiren and muiren as my username, and it wasn't recognized. I'll log out again, flush cookies, restart browser, try once more.

Elantric

How are you able to log in to make recent post above? ( using old "Rain" credentials?)

hading

Quote from: Muirén on January 25, 2024, 09:28:28 AMI just logged out and tried logging in using Muiren and muiren as my username, and it wasn't recognized. I'll log out again, flush cookies, restart browser, try once more.

Your name shows up with an accent over the 'e', i.e. "Muirén", could that be it? I don't know if that is the username proper or a display name.

Muirén

Muirén is the display name, not username.

gumtown

Quote from: Elantric on January 25, 2024, 10:28:19 AMHow are you able to log in to make recent post above? ( using old "Rain" credentials?)

If you look under account profile, the user name still says "Rain"
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumtownadmin

I can change your user account name, but it also will reset your password.
I am assuming that you will be prompted for a new password at log on, I am not sure what will happen.
(and user passwords are confidential, so admins don't have any type of access to those)

Let me know if you want to try that, I can change the account name (copy/paste the way you have it with the hyphen 'e'),
 and if you have a log in issue with your password, you can contact me at **************@*******.com (edit: not required now)
and try to sort it if things go awry.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Muirén

admin_shawnb

FYI the username is intended to be private.  It shouldn't be displayed or shown anywhere, other than to admins.  The original intent was for it to be your real name, and keeping it private was a bit of a security & privacy measure, allowing anonymity. 

Only the display name should be visible to the public. 

(Imagine if this were a paid support forum...)

It is also non-changeable, even by admins.  The only way to "change" it is to add & use another one & abandon the old one.