JTV Linear Volume Pot functions?

Started by rockmancentralbob, January 19, 2024, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockmancentralbob

I removed all the Variax boards from my JTV-89F and in the process of Rackmounting them.  I noticed something interesting on the Volume pot though.... there are 3 potentiometers stacked on it.  The A500k is presumably for the mag volume control, but there are 2 additional B10k pots on it as well.  I expected there to be an extra one for the Variax volume control (expression pot), but I don't understand why there are 2 of them.  Anyone have any idea what the other B10k pot is used for?

Thanks in advance!!

Elantric

Quote from: rockmancentralbob on January 19, 2024, 04:05:28 PMI removed all the Variax boards from my JTV-89F and in the process of Rackmounting them.  I noticed something interesting on the Volume pot though.... there are 3 potentiometers stacked on it.  The A500k is presumably for the mag volume control, but there are 2 additional B10k pots on it as well.  I expected there to be an extra one for the Variax volume control (expression pot), but I don't understand why there are 2 of them.  Anyone have any idea what the other B10k pot is used for?

Thanks in advance!!

The JTV Volume potentiometer controls the following

500k pot= volume for passive magnetic pickups

10k pot #1= volume for DSP Guitar modeling

10k pot #2 = Assignable rotary Control, when used with a Helix. This knob can be mapped to control many user defined Helix parameters.

https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/helix/controller-assign

rockmancentralbob

Thanks for the quick reply!
So as long as I'm not using a Helix, the extra 10k pot is superfluous.  Makes things easier for me, thank you!