GP-10 as an 8-Input Audio Interface?

Started by fizzyp, January 02, 2024, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizzyp

I would like to use the GP-10 as a general purpose USB audio interface with 8 instrument-level inputs.  Can this be done?  I've seen various "breakout" cables and boxes that split a 13 pin cable into male 1/4" outputs.  I would like to hand assemble a "break-in" cable.  It's the exact same idea but all the terminals are female.  Will I then be able to plug in 8 instruments and get the GP-10 to act like an audio interface and send them all to my computer?

Obligatory apology for possibly asking a redundant question.  This is my first time on here and I couldn't come up with a way to search for the answer.  All the search results are polluted with answers about how to use a GP-10 as an audio interface in the ordinary way.

Brent Flash

gumtown

I don't think you will get 8in 8out with the GP-10, maybe 6in 6out at best.
Based on my recollection, the options are 6 strings in/out, and GP-10 stereo output/stereo return to output.
The 2 stereo tracks from the GP-10 output through USB can not be physically intercepted as a recording insert.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fizzyp

6in/6out would be a start.  Will it work with 6?  Originally I thought I could get 7 because I know there's a 7th pin responsible for the "other" pickups on the guitar and you can get 7 outputs in a DAW.  Then I saw someone say that a Boss GP-10 appears on a windows PC as having 4 inputs, each stereo, which made me think there were 8.  Maybe there are logically 8 but one is always silent?  Not sure.  Does anyone think 7 or 8 will work?

gumtown

It shows in Windows as

1-L: string 1
1-R: string 2

2-L: string 3
2-R: string 4

3-L: string 5
3-R: string 6

4-L: Stereo out left
4-R: stereo out right

You could work around by not routing the GK signals through the GP-10 audio stream/chain, and have just the normal pickup to the stereo Left and/or right.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fizzyp

Quote from: gumtown on January 02, 2024, 01:21:14 PMYou could work around by not routing the GK signals through the GP-10 audio stream/chain, and have just the normal pickup to the stereo Left and/or right.

That's how I originally imagined I would get 7-in/7-out.