Another rehousing question..this time for the SY 1000 and GT-10

Started by luca9583, January 02, 2024, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luca9583

Hi all

I've seen some cool rehousing projects/mods of the Behringer FCB 1010 and was looking at the boards of both the SY 1000 and GT-10.

Do you think these could be rehoused but with much smaller buttons for the preset selectors/pedal sections or with no pedals at all and an expression input instead?

I'd like to make these "brain" only to reduce the size considerably, but to make sure they function properly i'm thinking all preset buttons would still need to be connected.

Also, would anyone here on the forum in the UK be intereted in doing the mods?

Mods..feel free to move this post to another section if needed.

gumtown

Most of these units will require the switch button board to be connected as part of a hardware startup check.

So you are also still confined to the size of those circuit boards,
 although extra smaller foot switches can be 'bootstrapped' off the existing ones on the boards,
 but you also have the pedal LEDS on these boards too.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

luca9583

Quote from: gumtown on January 02, 2024, 01:46:17 PMMost of these units will require the switch button board to be connected as part of a hardware startup check.

So you are also still confined to the size of those circuit boards,
 although extra smaller foot switches can be 'bootstrapped' off the existing ones on the boards,
 but you also have the pedal LEDS on these boards too.

Ah ok yeah that's a shame. Much appreciated.

I wish Boss/Roland could come up with a modular 13 pin system at some point, or even just an "SY-1000 core" like they did for the GT 1000.

whippinpost91850

stub

I can understand wanting it to be more compact, but I have to wonder about things like heat, and ease of repair, etc.

luca9583

luca9583

Quote from: stub on January 02, 2024, 07:45:53 PMI can understand wanting it to be more compact, but I have to wonder about things like heat, and ease of repair, etc.

Yeah for sure.

fokof

luca9583

Quote from: fokof on January 03, 2024, 07:08:44 AMYou could rack it with some drawers .... ??

Sure but i want it all on a pedalboard. So having these devices as brains only would be ideal.

whippinpost91850

I have to resize them they are to big a file , I'll try and get them in the morning

LinzHenderson

SY-1000 is very straightforward to re-house as a 'brain'. I've done it for my main rig. No footswitch PCB required for it to run properly. I've 3D printed a rough enclosure. It's mounted in an old radio shell along with a Mac Mini, monitor and audio interface.

I use a custom MIDI controller routed through the Mac for everything and run Gig Performer and Ableton Live, but it could be just the SY and controller via 5-pin.

luca9583

Quote from: LinzHenderson on January 03, 2024, 08:14:10 PMSY-1000 is very straightforward to re-house as a 'brain'. I've done it for my main rig. No footswitch PCB required for it to run properly. I've 3D printed a rough enclosure. It's mounted in an old radio shell along with a Mac Mini, monitor and audio interface.

I use a custom MIDI controller routed through the Mac for everything and run Gig Performer and Ableton Live, but it could be just the SY and controller via 5-pin.

Oh wow. Can we see some pics?

LinzHenderson

Quote from: luca9583 on January 03, 2024, 08:33:14 PMOh wow. Can we see some pics?

The 3D printed enclosure is pretty rough because it's too big to print in one piece on my printer. It was supposed to be temporary, but it's actually holding up just fine, so I'll keep it like this for now.

luca9583

Quote from: LinzHenderson on January 04, 2024, 05:04:55 AM

The 3D printed enclosure is pretty rough because it's too big to print in one piece on my printer. It was supposed to be temporary, but it's actually holding up just fine, so I'll keep it like this for now.

Incredible work.

pasha811

Quote from: LinzHenderson on January 04, 2024, 05:04:55 AM

Amazing!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

jongrant

kevorkian

eldenkellymusic

=
Quote from: whippinpost91850 on January 02, 2024, 07:26:28 PM1 did this with my GR55

Hey there, Interested in your GR55 Rehouse. Do you have any info on it you can share? Thanks!

whippinpost91850

eldenkellymusic