Control Assign: Is there a way to map input level to midi CC like the SY 1000?

Started by luca9583, January 01, 2024, 12:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luca9583

Hi all

Is there a way to map input level from the strings to midi CC like the SY 1000 ?

I was messing with mapping the input level to the D Beam and then mapping the D Beam to midi CC, but the input level of course won't control the beam itself.

gumtown

In the VG-99 "Assigns", a Source option is "input level" which you can Assign to any VG-99 parameter in the Assigns Target list.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

luca9583

Quote from: gumtown on January 01, 2024, 12:58:39 PMIn the VG-99 "Assigns", a Source option is "input level" which you can Assign to any VG-99 parameter in the Assigns Target list.

Yep i've done that already but i want to know if i can map that to a Midi CC message to control external midi gear.

gumtown

No, not that I can see.
Looks like the VG-99 can only send cc# midi from a physical control action.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mooncaine

Not sure what you're trying to achieve, but is this close?

I assign the Freeze effect to be triggered by input level. When the level drops below a preset number, the Freeze is engaged. Whatever sound is happening then gets frozen.

This is like having an automatic sustain effect, in a way. I hold a chord, and it never dies unless I make a new sound with the guitar and my hands.

I combine this assignment with some D-Beam settings that let me trigger a timed, echoed fade out. When I trigger the beam, the sound diminishes as my hand nears the machine. In the last few centimeters, if I go that far, a Mod Delay kicks in, maybe some reverb, so that the dying frozen sound gets a little waver, and fading echoes, as my hand 'closes down' on the D Beam.

luca9583

Quote from: mooncaine on January 02, 2024, 04:22:32 AMNot sure what you're trying to achieve, but is this close?

I assign the Freeze effect to be triggered by input level. When the level drops below a preset number, the Freeze is engaged. Whatever sound is happening then gets frozen.

This is like having an automatic sustain effect, in a way. I hold a chord, and it never dies unless I make a new sound with the guitar and my hands.

I combine this assignment with some D-Beam settings that let me trigger a timed, echoed fade out. When I trigger the beam, the sound diminishes as my hand nears the machine. In the last few centimeters, if I go that far, a Mod Delay kicks in, maybe some reverb, so that the dying frozen sound gets a little waver, and fading echoes, as my hand 'closes down' on the D Beam.

Cool. I simply want to send a Midi CC message whenever signal is detected so it looks like it can't be done.