Auto Riff question..Are the user phrases per preset or limited to a global list?

Started by luca9583, December 27, 2023, 05:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luca9583

Some questions for any GT-10 owners out there.

I'm looking for a Boss unit that can give me a different Auto Riff User phrase per preset for each trigger note.

I downloaded the GT-10 Fx Floor Board editor to have an offline preview of the unit and from what i can tell, each preset/patch in the GT-10 can have a different User phrase for both instances of Auto Riff.

Is this correct, or is there a fixed amount of global User phrases that you have to choose from once you've created them?

All other Boss units that have Auto Riff seem to be limited to around 10 User phrase slots so i was wondering if the GT-10 gives you per preset phrases, much like the Harmonist in the VG-99 which has per preset triggered User harmonies.

The only rack unit i could find with Auto Riff is the Gt Pro, but that only has a limit of 10 user phrases.

Also, on a different note, am i correct in thinking that two independent paralle fx signal paths in the GT-10 can be achieved by running one source into the input, and another source into the Fx return?

gumtownadmin

The user autoriff patterns in the GT-10 are saved within each patch.

You can have two independent signal chsins by using tbe S/R loop return, although it is not high impedance, so a guitar input through the return may require an active effect pedal in between the guitar and return.
To maintain an independant dual signal chain, move the chain merge point to the end of the chain.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

luca9583

Quote from: gumtownadmin on December 27, 2023, 08:16:14 PMThe user autoriff patterns in the GT-10 are saved within each patch.

You can have two independent signal chsins by using tbe S/R loop return, although it is not high impedance, so a guitar input through the return may require an active effect pedal in between the guitar and return.
To maintain an independant dual signal chain, move the chain merge point to the end of the chain.

Superb. Strange that this is the only unit they made with per patch auto riff patterns.