Kemper Player Pedal

Started by scratch17, December 19, 2023, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scratch17

Kemper just released a profile player pedal at a really competitive price ($698 with free shipping). It only plays profiles; you cannot create profiles with it. However, it has most of the full size Kempers' features. And it is also a USB audio and MIDI interface. I already own and love my KPA rack. I am going to get the pedal so I can run my pickups in dual mono output into two separate profiles, tweaked to maximize the tones I want on each pickup. :)
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

whippinpost91850

I'm thinkin the same thing. I gig with my Stage and GR55 all the time

Elantric

They added USB Audio to regular Kemper, but sadly its rather limited, 16 bit only.

Hopefully this new pedal will have more robust USB Audio options for Reamping 

https://www.gearnews.com/kemper-profiler-player-small-affordable-new-profiler/

Big news is the release of Kemper mobile Rig Manager for any Kemper model, on Android - not just iPad https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kempermusic.androidrigeditor

Paresh

I'm interested to hear a report from a user & how it compares to other processors like Tonex or Helix. i'd always heard Kemper was the best but never played one.
paresh

Paresh

paresh

ktat

Would/could this talk to an Sy 1000 via a usb cable for syncing patch changes?

sixeight

Quote from: ktat on December 24, 2023, 01:39:41 PMWould/could this talk to an Sy 1000 via a usb cable for syncing patch changes?

That is a good question. The USB midi driver of the SY1000 requires a special driver, but some libraries for embedded USB host ports find a way around this. Maybe one of these libraries has been used on the Kemper player. So somebody will have to try this and see if it works.

Elantric

I believe you will need a USB Host to 5 pin MIDI Converter

https://www.amazon.com/CAMOLA-Speed-Converter-Interface-UMH-21/dp/B09S5YC2Z9/ref=dp_prsubs_sccl_2/134-0979757-1239844

USB to Kemper, 5 pin MIDI to SY-1000

ktat

So at the risk of making my life/guitar rig more complicated I have one of these on order from Sweetwater.  Since roughly Xmas.  No idea when it will actually ship.  I've been perfectly happy with Roland amp models and tones throughout the VG99, GP-10, and currently SY100, but the profiles sound awfully good and I thought I'd try something new.  MBritt's stuff sounds great to me.

The question is how to incorporate it with the SY1000!  I may put it in the FX Loop in mono.  I have no experience using the divider and I was wondering if this setup (see pic) would in theory work to layer the Kemper with an SY1000 amp.  If even needed.

I also power the SY1000 and a Hotone Wah with a poweradd battery.  A great tip from Elantric years ago.  That battery has been ultra reliable for me for years and I'd buy another one if it broke.  The Hotone has left in favor of using the SY wah again.  A 3 hour gig uses about 13% of the battery.  I wonder if the poweradd will handle powering both the SY and the Profile Player, should the Kemper become a fixture on my board.

thebrushwithin

QuoteI may put it in the FX Loop in mono.  I have no experience using the divider and I was wondering if this setup (see pic) would in theory work to layer the Kemper with an SY1000 amp.  If even needed.
You can use the send, without the divider, or return. I've been happy sending a guitar model, on one of the 4 branches, out to the Kemper, and using a small mixer to handle the Kemper and Sy1000 stereo outs. Mix to taste.