FTP Software: tempo, tap tempo for patch preset/user, Octave up/down with patct

Started by yogin, December 13, 2023, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogin

Hi all!
I have my Microsoft Surface 8 Pro tablet next to me (and sometimes an iPad Air 2), Fishman Triple Play on my guitar and its app on the tablet with a bunch of VST synths, Fishman FC-1 & Keith McMillen Sofstep 2 at my feet, ( next to each of them there are one expression pedal connected to each) - but they are not tempo generators (they don't know how to do this), but they can transmit some commands to the tablet. Will the Fishman TP application be able to obediently change the tempo or tap tempo from my hands and feet?

I have two painful questions about the Fishman Triple Play Win11 & Mac & ios application:

1. How can I quickly change and/or sync the tempo for multiple synths in one patch, perhaps with or without a Guitar Rig, Amplitude channel? My presets should contain moving shapes of Wavestation sounds, Arpeggiators, delays and obediently follow the changes in my heartbeat - today 103 bpm, and tomorrow 108 bpm, or I can be a week searching for the perfect tempo switching and trying my small tempo changes, or I want to use one of my presets for different songs with different tempos...
But what can command this well and quickly?

2. It is extremely important for me to quickly change the sound of one or two of the available four synthesizers in this preset by an octave up or down, and sometimes all the synthesizers at the same time move up an octave - this is a search for the correct sound of a ready-made preset mix consisting of four synthesizers .
What allows you to configure this correctly and quickly in the Fishman Triple Play application and what external commands can be configured in one preset for 4 of my selected and saved synthesizers to quickly change each of them, two of them - separately or together?

-Here are my two sore questions for the normal creative process, work and search for your own sound, or often simply simply translating the sound to the desired tempo and euphonious octave :)
Thank you all in advance for your answers and help!

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: yogin on December 13, 2023, 09:53:24 AMHi all!
I have my Microsoft Surface 8 Pro tablet next to me (and sometimes an iPad Air 2), Fishman Triple Play on my guitar and its app on the tablet with a bunch of VST synths, Fishman FC-1 & Keith McMillen Sofstep 2 at my feet, ( next to each of them there are one expression pedal connected to each) - but they are not tempo generators (they don't know how to do this), but they can transmit some commands to the tablet. Will the Fishman TP application be able to obediently change the tempo or tap tempo from my hands and feet?

I have two painful questions about the Fishman Triple Play Win11 & Mac & ios application:

1. How can I quickly change and/or sync the tempo for multiple synths in one patch, perhaps with or without a Guitar Rig, Amplitude channel? My presets should contain moving shapes of Wavestation sounds, Arpeggiators, delays and obediently follow the changes in my heartbeat - today 103 bpm, and tomorrow 108 bpm, or I can be a week searching for the perfect tempo switching and trying my small tempo changes, or I want to use one of my presets for different songs with different tempos...
But what can command this well and quickly?

2. It is extremely important for me to quickly change the sound of one or two of the available four synthesizers in this preset by an octave up or down, and sometimes all the synthesizers at the same time move up an octave - this is a search for the correct sound of a ready-made preset mix consisting of four synthesizers .
What allows you to configure this correctly and quickly in the Fishman Triple Play application and what external commands can be configured in one preset for 4 of my selected and saved synthesizers to quickly change each of them, two of them - separately or together?

-Here are my two sore questions for the normal creative process, work and search for your own sound, or often simply simply translating the sound to the desired tempo and euphonious octave :)
Thank you all in advance for your answers and help!

Regarding the tempo information, TriplePlay Mac/Win host software can pass MIDI tempo information from some external controller along to the connected synth(s), but does not generate or control any tempo information. So if you have no external tempo generation device, then the answer is no.
Regarding the octave, you can make multiple TP patches with different octave transpose, and then switch between them with program changes. There is no simple MIDI command to tell the TP to change octaves other than that.