GR-55 - Change patch volume and boost volume for all patches without assigns

Started by StevenR, December 06, 2023, 03:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenR

Hi,
I would like to change the patch volume by means of the expression pedal in following way:
EXP SW off: 0 - 100
EXP SW on: 0 - 130
Thus, when the pedal is on maximum volume (100) and EXP SW is switched on, it boosts volume to 130 and volume then can be controlled from 0 - 130.
Until EXP SW is switched off again.

Well, this easily can be done with two Assigns. Ok.
But Assigns are patch specific, right. Thus, I have to set this for all my patches individually?
Is there any way to make Assigns also system wide?

When using the PEDAL/GK CTL settings in the System menu, the first function (volume 0 - 100) can be set as:
EXP = PATCH VOLUME (and the volume in the patch ist set to 100)
But how to boost the volume with the EXP SW?
EXP ON does only allow to select PATCH VOLUME (as EXP does).
EXP SW does not provide an patch volume settings.

Thank you for your help
Steven

gumtownadmin

You will have to use assigns.
You can easily write the same assign to all user patches using the GR-55FloorBoard editor "Bulk write" function.
Use assign 7 and setup the assign as required and use the bulk write function to copy that assign to the selected range of patch'es.
Then do the similar proceedure for assign 8.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Brent Flash

StevenR

Quote from: gumtownadmin on December 06, 2023, 09:15:29 AMYou will have to use assigns.
You can easily write the same assign to all user patches using the GR-55FloorBoard editor "Bulk write" function.
Use assign 7 and setup the assign as required and use the bulk write function to copy that assign to the selected range of patch'es.
Then do the similar proceedure for assign 8.

Oh yes, that is of course a good solution. I use the editor, but hadn't thought about it. Many thanks for the quick help.