Question: Guitar in/Out Boss GP-10

Started by Shakidoby, December 04, 2023, 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakidoby

Hi, everybody. I've been a GR-55 user for some time, and now I'm waiting for my brandnew
GP-10. I have a probably stupid question. The GP-10 also works without a GK-PU. When I use the GP-10 with the GK-Pickup, could I feed the original PUs by normal cable to the GP-10s GUITAR IN and use the internal COSM parallel to the modeling? Or can I use original PUs and GK-Signal together by plucking the normal PUs into the GK-3 unit to use the COSM beside the modeling? Otherwise, i'd have go by normal cable into a usual pedalboard and amp while using the GP-10s modeling by GK-PU simultaniously. Thank you for your ideas, advices and experiences.
One foot in the grave, one foot on the pedal - I was born a rebel. (Tom Petty)

gumtown

Quotecan I use original PUs and GK-Signal together by plucking the normal PUs into the GK-3 unit to use the COSM beside the modeling?
this is the way, the GP-10 internal effects can be moved to either GK/Modeling or normal pickup, or both.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Shakidoby

Thank you Gumtown, not only for this topic. I use your GR-55 Floorboard Editor and I love it. Great work.
Can't wait to test the GP-10 Version of it. The GP-10 finally arrived today. Tested it without the GK-3 and I am already amazed.
I have a Les Paul with GK-3 mounted and an Ibanez with a GK-2 Unit. (It fit better between Bridge and Bridge-PU) I bought the GP-10 GK cause that was the cheapest way to get an additional GK-3. I'm not sure, to wich guitar I will mount it. Maybe one of my Tele's or on my also new Harley Benton BM-75 (budget Brian May Red Special Copy) wich plays surprisingly well without any setup, out of the box. So again, thank you for your work on all these editors you develop for the community.

Shakidoby

Now I have tested the Gp-10 presets with the GK-LesPaul, and I am very happy about it. But now I have got a question. Can I store new presets anywhere or am I limited to the Init Patches?
On the GR-55 I could place any patch anywhere. So this is similar by using the GP-10 Editor?

gumtown

Yes, you can store patches in any of the 99 User memory places (and over-write the factory patches, factory patches can be recalled at any time),
 and when using the Tone studio editor, store more patches to file.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Shakidoby

Thank you... now I've got a problem with the GP-10 Edit Patch Editor.
Everything works under Windows 10 so far, but when I want to copy patches to the Patch Clipboard, the Editor crashes. Any idea how to solve that problem?

gumtownadmin

Quote from: Shakidoby on January 27, 2024, 08:40:44 PMThank you... now I've got a problem with the GP-10 Edit Patch Editor.
Everything works under Windows 10 so far, but when I want to copy patches to the Patch Clipboard, the Editor crashes. Any idea how to solve that problem?
I will talk to the guy that wrote the app, see if he can look at it.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.