Guitar/Mix/GK Switch Question

Started by steadystate, November 24, 2023, 08:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steadystate

I'm looking at the GK-3 schematic, and I'm wondering why pin 9 on the 13-pin connector is used.  It seems that, even without the control voltage on this pin, the following still occurs:

Setting the Guitar/Mix/GK switch to "Guitar" forces the GK Volume to 0 at pin 8 and leaves the guitar's pickup signal intact on pin 7.

Setting the switch to "GK" grounds the output of the guitar's pickup (killing it at pin 7) and leaves the GK Volume functional at pin 8.

Setting the switch to "Mix" leaves both the guitar's pickup and the GK Volume functional.

So, why have the control voltage on pin 9?  What does it do at the receiving unit that isn't accomplished by the above?

steadystate

After doing some digging, I've found some old information saying that this function was never really implemented.

Another source of confusion is that the external GK-3 schematic shows the "Mix" position sending 1.04 volts to pin 9, but the schematic for the internal kit shows the "Mix" position leaving pin 9 unconnected and floating.

I'll just leave it unconnected.

Elantric

Quote from: steadystate on November 24, 2023, 09:15:42 PMAfter doing some digging, I've found some old information saying that this function was never really implemented.

Another source of confusion is that the external GK-3 schematic shows the "Mix" position sending 1.04 volts to pin 9, but the schematic for the internal kit shows the "Mix" position leaving pin 9 unconnected and floating.

I'll just leave it unconnected.

GK-3 Pin#9 Explained
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5259.0

steadystate