BOSS GT-100 - EXP Pedal Set To WAH Only

Started by AlpineSupreme, November 24, 2023, 03:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlpineSupreme

Hi guys,
I have 2 questions.

About 5yrs ago I sold my GT10. I had the expression pedal set up so that it only operated as wah.

There was no volume etc. So the pedal did not work until I pushed down and activated wah. I seem to remember I did this through Systems.

I have just bought a GT100. Can this be done on the GT100 as well? I have the manual but cannot seem to find where I can completely override and make the pedal wah only.

My second question relates to patches.

For gigs I generally set up a bank of 4 patches for the 1 song. Obviously that bank might be used for multiple songs

So;

Patch 1 – Clean
Patch 2 – Overdrive rhythmn
Patch 3 – Same Overdrive patch but boost the volume, with a little delay. I use this for lead lines/licks etc where I need to cut through.
Patch 4 – solo patch.

On the GT10 I found it pretty easy to just go into Patch 2 and adjust it to add boost (volume) and a bit of delay. Then write that to Patch 3.

I cannot seem to be able to do this on the GT100? Is there a quick way to do it?

Thank you

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group AlpineSupreme!  :)

Hammerhands

Under EXP you can set the parameter FUNC to WAH.

See page 31 of the parameter guide.

Hammerhands

The write procedure is on page 30 of the owner's manual.

AlpineSupreme

Quote from: Hammerhands on November 24, 2023, 04:39:12 PMUnder EXP you can set the parameter FUNC to WAH.

See page 31 of the parameter guide.

I have been through that. Unless I am doing something wrong, that does not get rid of the volume pedal. I dont want the volume pedal to activate at all. So it is dead. Except when I click the pedal down to activate wah. I could do this with the GT10, through systems. Make the pedal a stand alone for wah only. No matter what bank you were in.