Question about mini cable

Started by Billy Bass, November 24, 2023, 04:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Bass

Hi all, I have been trying to mix my regular pickup with the GR55. I didn't have the mini cable going from the guitar out to the GK-2a so I bought one. It's a standard 1/4" on one end going to a 3mm on the other. It fits fine but both ends have only one ring on them. Making them standard mono instrument cable. I'm not able to hear the regular guitar pickup. I've read up on procedures to do this and have turned on the pickup in the patches. I've gone "guitar out " on the back of the GR and it is picking up the regular pickup. I'm just not able to use any of the GR's amp mods for regular pickup. Does anyone know the part number for the mini pickup? Do I have the right one? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help with this.

philjynx

You've got the correct (MONO) cable, have you checked it for continuity? If you don't have a mulitimeter you can test it with a 9volt battery and your tongue!

Others who spend more time with their GR55s will no doubt shortly point you in the direction of the settings to enable normal guitar signal - bear in mind you can't enable it (with any permanence) in anything other than user patches.

Elantric

Quote from: Billy Bass on November 24, 2023, 04:25:32 AMHi all, I have been trying to mix my regular pickup with the GR55. I didn't have the mini cable going from the guitar out to the GK-2a so I bought one. It's a standard 1/4" on one end going to a 3mm on the other. It fits fine but both ends have only one ring on them. Making them standard mono instrument cable. I'm not able to hear the regular guitar pickup. I've read up on procedures to do this and have turned on the pickup in the patches. I've gone "guitar out " on the back of the GR and it is picking up the regular pickup. I'm just not able to use any of the GR's amp mods for regular pickup. Does anyone know the part number for the mini pickup? Do I have the right one? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help with this.

Review this thread
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3402.0

gumtown

Most GR-55 patches by default have the normal pickup switched off.
A few examples are the ones near the end of the USER patch range (U:97.1~U:99.3).

You need to switch the Normal Pickup "Tone" on in the GR-55 for other patches.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Antonuzzo

It's really finicky. The method that I use is to copy a patch that has the normal pup enabled and use that to build a new patch.

Billy Bass

Make GK-3 "Guitar" Switch position work with GR-55

It didn't turn out to be that simple, if you want the three way switch to work:

1) Go to System

PEDAL/GK CTL (enter)

Tab over to VOL
    If you want to be able to hear the normal guitar when your switch is in the "GUITAR" position, change GK VOL to "TONE VOLUME", and turn NORMAL PU "OFF".  With the switch in MIX, you'll hear both the GK knob output, and your normal guitar output, with independent control for each.  In GK position, you'll just hear COSM/PCM sounds, and in GUITAR, just the normal guitar.

Billy Bass

Got it to work!! I had to reread this instruction. Lol, I sometimes scan too fast. But this did the trick. Now I'm able to blend my guitar sound with the GR55. I always try to squeeze out every feature the unit has. I've only begun to scratch the surface. Thank you so much for your knowledge and guidance everyone!! And Gumtown, last I tried your donation wasn't working. Thanks again!!