EVENTIDE H90

Started by BROCKSTAR, November 22, 2023, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCKSTAR

So eventide h90 has 2 monophonic guitar synth algorithms but now they introduce the polyphonic version. I'm on the beta team and been messing with it off and on.

Eventide introduces the new PolySynth algorithm – a fully polyphonic guitar-to-synth transformer – for its flagship H90 Harmonizer® multi-effects pedal. PolySynth applies the proprietary SIFT (Spectral Instantaneous Frequency Tracking) technology found in Eventide's Polyphony, Prism Shift, and PolyFlex algorithms, and builds on the earlier work done for the HotSawz pitch-tracking monophonic synthesizer algorithm, to deliver polyphonic waveform synthesis. Sounds created with PolySynth can recreate the input into a full-on synthesized sound or be blended with the source tone for effects from subtle to profound.

PolySynth's feature set includes three voices with independent level, shift amount, and wave shape control; LFO modulation of the filter cutoff, pulse width or volume, and pitch modulation; expressive envelope control of the filter cutoff frequency; and adjustable attack time. Performance parameters can be frozen to create an infinitely sustaining synth sound. Spread and Detune controls can create massively wide and hugely deep sounds.

Elantric

I assume will work on a 2016 era Eventide H9Max?

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: Elantric on November 22, 2023, 05:30:54 PMI assume will work on a 2016 era Eventide H90Max?

Uh no because there's no such thing as a 2016 H90max lol.

If you're referring to H9's, then no because H9 is dead and won't be updated anymore.

They are only providing new stuff for their new H90.

Kevin M

Quote from: Bluesbird on November 22, 2023, 05:14:09 PMHere is someone demonstrating on bass:

Not very impressive, in my opinion.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: Kevin M on November 22, 2023, 09:38:33 PMNot very impressive, in my opinion.

Yeah this is definitely not a good video showing it off.

BROCKSTAR

BROCKSTAR

Kevin M

What I've heard so far seems to be about on par with an SY200.  For other effects, the H90 is pretty awesome, though.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: Kevin M on November 25, 2023, 10:09:34 AMWhat I've heard so far seems to be about on par with an SY200.  For other effects, the H90 is pretty awesome, though.

It's actually more warmer / organic than sy-1 / sy-200 / sy-300 as far as sound goes. And yes the H90 is great. I've had mine since launch last year.

BROCKSTAR

Nobulusprime

Looks good, sounds promising to a degee. I've been looking for something to replace what I have with aging my Axe FX2 as that is cumbersome and I only use it for the synth engines, which are great. I'm not convinced this is it as I'm not familiar with the H90.

Does the new synth algorithms work like a block in Axe FX where you can put things before it in the chain like overdrive. I'm mostly interested in it as a solo/lead synth voice as I've got pads and other synth stuff in abundance. Also does it have portamento pitch glide?

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: Nobulusprime on November 30, 2023, 11:30:11 AMLooks good, sounds promising to a degee. I've been looking for something to replace what I have with aging my Axe FX2 as that is cumbersome and I only use it for the synth engines, which are great. I'm not convinced this is it as I'm not familiar with the H90.

Does the new synth algorithms work like a block in Axe FX where you can put things before it in the chain like overdrive. I'm mostly interested in it as a solo/lead synth voice as I've got pads and other synth stuff in abundance. Also does it have portamento pitch glide?

Yes there's a slot for algorithm A and a slot for algorithm B which can be whatever algorithm you want and they can be swapped in any order and can also be in parallel or series, and H90 also has fx loops where you can put extra pedals before/in the middle/after algorithms or on it's own path etc.

It also has a play style function that goes from polysynth to hybrid synth to mono, where it can mix them etc.
Also it has a pitch wheel parameter which I think is the same as pitch glide?

And since you can run 2 algorithms together you can have 2 polysynths going together too!

Nobulusprime

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on November 30, 2023, 12:21:17 PMYes there's a slot for algorithm A and a slot for algorithm B which can be whatever algorithm you want and they can be swapped in any order and can also be in parallel or series, and H90 also has fx loops where you can put extra pedals before/in the middle/after algorithms or on it's own path etc.

It also has a play style function that goes from polysynth to hybrid synth to mono, where it can mix them etc.
Also it has a pitch wheel parameter which I think is the same as pitch glide?

And since you can run 2 algorithms together you can have 2 polysynths going together too!
Thanks Brock, sounds great it'll be good to wait to see what people like yourself does with these algorithms. What I really like about the Axe FX is being to drive the synth blocks to get good sustain and great legato.

With the pitch glide, it's the portamento or porta mode on the GM800 or the OSC synth on the SY1000. It probably doesn't have it by the looks of it.

BROCKSTAR

aliensporebomb

Some really nice H90 bits in this video - I must be totally asleep - this box sounds incredible.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.