Guitar sounds with the GM800

Started by TayzGpa, August 25, 2023, 06:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TayzGpa

I am a GR55 user and want to try out the GM800 but I understand that there is no guitar modeling in the unit.
I downloaded the Boss Tone Studio and browsed the Guitar section.  There are several to choose from and I was wondering how they sound.
Does the Nylon Gtr sound like a nylon guitar? Does the mandolin sound like a mandolin, etc?
Any feed back is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: TayzGpa on August 25, 2023, 06:58:57 AMI am a GR55 user and want to try out the GM800 but I understand that there is no guitar modeling in the unit.
I downloaded the Boss Tone Studio and browsed the Guitar section.  There are several to choose from and I was wondering how they sound.
Does the Nylon Gtr sound like a nylon guitar? Does the mandolin sound like a mandolin, etc?
Any feed back is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

They are just samples. Some sound ok, but just don't feel right like playing a real guitar. I wouldn't get the gm-800 for them.
The gm-800 excels in synth stuff.

TayzGpa

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on August 25, 2023, 07:38:40 AMThey are just samples. Some sound ok, but just don't feel right like playing a real guitar. I wouldn't get the gm-800 for them.
The gm-800 excels in synth stuff.

Very good.  Thank you.

MacWilson

Right, that's as little convoluted.

But there's some really good guitar samples, like Ample Sound.

I"m going to try this and blend them, if I can get the latency right, which shouldn't be an issue. Options