How to fix the sy-1000 on a pedalboard?

Started by siegit, January 14, 2022, 04:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siegit

Hi, as the title says. The four rubber feet prevent velcro to stick, and if I remove the rubber feet the little screw heads will be touched by the ground.
???
horst

Ollii

Don't have a SY1000 by my own, but on other big devices I was allway able to use 3m Duallock. It is higher than normal verlcro and a lot stronger.

jozart

I did not remove the rubber feet but did use Velcro. It works well.

roachone

siegit

interesting! (though I don't know anybody who can print)

jozart

I used the Velcro that came with the BCB-90X

Allomerus

Quote from: jozart on January 14, 2022, 04:22:20 PM
I used the Velcro that came with the BCB-90X
I like your setup. The switch 'covers' look interesting.

philjynx

arkieboy

Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

arkieboy

Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

paganskins

Meccano, yes seriously. My SY1K is sat in a rack drawer now but previously when on a board I used Meccano. I removed one bolt at a time and then reinstalled with an L bracket to hold it to the base of the pedal, the L brackets then wrapped around the edge of the pedal's shelf and were fixed on the edge.

Longer Meccano strips should work on a flat board. Those pedal board fixers that look like bicycle chain links aren't long enough.

This type:

Allomerus

I have also used Meccano before as well. Very flexible!

Kitko

Quote from: roachone on January 14, 2022, 10:23:37 AMHere you go. Problem solved. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5182334

Quote from: siegit on January 14, 2022, 04:04:44 PMinteresting! (though I don't know anybody who can print)

I'm probably late to the party - these days there should be 3D places around that could print that. About 7 years ago I had a prototype guitar lock* 3D printed in a shop in Prague. They even created files based on my drawings.

*lock as in 'a thing that allows you to secure your guitar using a standard Kensington lock'
Boss SY-1000
Roland VG-99
Boss RC-600
Roland FC-300
Ibanez RGA 7 with GK3
Ibanez RGA 72QM with GK3 kit
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige JD Craft

IMH1234

For 90% of cases standard or heavy duty Velcro is more than sufficient - if you are needing something for serious touring then Meccano or similar works as suggested and if you are booked to play on the next Taylor Swift tour there will be a budget for a custom pedalboard solution. In short - there is no need to build a better mousetrap...

stub

I have had success with a version of the stacked velcro approach. With 1/4" thick squares of wood, about 1.5" x 1.5" x .25"  I put hook velcro on one side and loop velcro on the other. You still velcro the device and pedal board, but these act like steps.

IMH1234

Another solution that works really well, especially on metal pedalboards (and many other surfaces) is 3m VHB tape - works well where you need blocks as spacers to address the original question. I use this stuff for all sorts of purposes where I need a quick extra strong or semi permanent solution - especially as it is as strong but often easier to remove than high strength Velcro. I use it for temporarily fixing templates when routing guitar bodies (there is no way you want these to move) and even fixing facias and such like invisibly to furniture - once you try it you will always want to keep a roll around