SY-1000 Owners Poll - DSP Alt Tuning results.

Started by admin, October 13, 2021, 01:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Quote from: solo624 on January 12, 2024, 09:48:08 PMThis is from my previous email that went unaddressed with no response from Roland \ Boss, Sy1000 Firmware 1.08 had the same problem with bass mode, Updated firmware from 1.08 to 1.09 with alternate tuning latency & still warbles, need assistance this doesn't seem to be patch related, however, if it is can you assist with the procedure to adjust?

I wonder if you notice any difference or improvements if you try different settings with your GK config. Especially trying things like lowering the sensitivity per string so when you play really hard you don't peak. Or just trying different settings to see of there is a change in the warbling?

Next, is the warbling related to things like legato playing where some lingering resonance from previous notes is causing the "detector" (?) to have to sort between two overlapping fundamental frequencies. I don't mean to say "play cleaner" but it would at least be a way of seeing what situations cause it.

I'm not trying to 'blame-the-user' These challenges with the SY-1000 have been documented by guitarists and bassists, all with experience using older Boss devices-- which had better tracking. It's more just to see if there are ways to improve it, beyond what Boss can/will achieve through firmware.

Elantric

On SY-1000 Facebook Group I pointed out to Solo624 the importance of lowering the GK STRING Sensitivity when using Piezo pickups (he's using a Godin A4 Bass) - to minimize the Adjacent String vibration induced cross coupling into the adjacent piezo saddle, a major source of triggering DSP Alt Tuning Warbles

solo624

QuoteOn SY-1000 Facebook Group I pointed out to Solo624 the importance of lowering the GK STRING Sensitivity when using Piezo pickups (he's using a Godin A4 Bass) - to minimize the Adjacent String vibration induced cross coupling into the adjacent piezo saddle, a major source of triggering DSP Alt Tuning Warbles
1 person likes this.
💚
MORE...
Elantric's Tips and Blog: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0

Appreciate the assistance, I installed my gk3b on my Sadowsky bass. The problem is noticeable, In a band setting, not an issue.

Just following up still noticeable

stub

Quote from: solo624 on January 25, 2024, 01:41:25 PMAppreciate the assistance, I installed my gk3b on my Sadowsky bass. The problem is noticeable, In a band setting, not an issue.

Just following up still noticeable

You don't mention whether you reduced the string sensitivity and by how much.

solo624

Yes, I reduced the string gk3b sensitivity on my Sadowsky no difference in alternate tunings concerns, I noticed the gk3b has less gain than the Godin A4.

Just to mention this is one of a few troubles noticed. It's just a continued reminder of the software or hardware concerns that need to be fixed before Roland produces another mode.

stub

Quote from: solo624 on January 27, 2024, 07:02:12 PMJust to mention this is one of a few troubles noticed. It's just a continued reminder of the software or hardware concerns that need to be fixed before Roland produces another mode.

Well, I guess it's too late for that. Boss/Roland have already released new pickups and a new synth device.

I haven't seen any reports on whether using the GK-5/5B with an adapter box yields any different results with the SY-1000.