five watt world - Threes types of Fender Deluxe Reverbs

Started by admin, March 20, 2021, 02:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

5 watt world is having a live stream on Youtube, with questions from Chat , but they delete any post that does not conform to their paid sponsors agenda who steer all conversation (psionic audio)

plexified

Thats too bad, the channel had a reasonable start. I support anybody having a voice and doing their thing, sometimes its just change the channel.

Elantric

Bulk of the time id personally divide by 2 any info they provided, as my own experience with topics discussed at 5 watt world would often run contrary to their expressed  final opinion.

At the end of the day its just the Youtube channel creator's opinion , but most channels have a specific agenda to sell the product they are hawking that day - and one  must use personal judgement if they are providing any value

arkieboy

There are ways of doing things though - you declare your sponsor from the outset, and to be fair 5WW is very clear in its main agenda which is 'don't buy more gear, buy lessons from TrueFire instead'.  I enjoy Keith Williams' (I think that's his name) content, the history pieces are usually pretty good.

Ultimately we're to blame for this - the inevitable consequence of wanting our content for free is that we become the product.  Doesn't help that the delivery medium extracts such high rates of economic rent though - if a YouTuber got a more decent return on views, they might not have to behave like a covert advertising hoarding quite so much.
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4