Info request: Godin/Schaller Tetrad Pickups

Started by kenact, December 30, 2020, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenact

I'm trying to help someone out. He has a Godin LGX, with Schaller Tetrad pickups, and he's trying to find information on the pickups.

I also have a Godin LGX-SA with the same pickups, and when I got it, I contacted both Godin & Schaller, trying to get information on these pickups. Schaller wrote back that they had no info on these pickups, and I would have to ask Godin. I did finally get a schematic for the LGX, but it didn't have any detail about what the pickup wires actually do.

The pickups are a little weird. They're setup like humbuckers, but each coil has 4 wires (Yellow, Brown, White & Green) plus a shield, meaning each pickup has 8 wires and 2 shields.

I've been searching by the name, Tetrad, the main number TPB-4C (bridge) TPN-4C (neck) and the secondary numbers 2271GB & 2271GB.

I believe the 4C is supposed to mean 4 Coil.

The funny thing is, Godin actually sells these pickups to consumers, but they haven't been able to tell me anything else about the pickups.

Do any of you very knowledgeable people on this forum know any more about these pickups?

Thanks
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

admin

Quote from: kenact on December 30, 2020, 10:23:41 PM
I'm trying to help someone out. He has a Godin LGX, with Schaller Tetrad pickups, and he's trying to find information on the pickups.

I also have a Godin LGX-SA with the same pickups, and when I got it, I contacted both Godin & Schaller, trying to get information on these pickups. Schaller wrote back that they had no info on these pickups, and I would have to ask Godin. I did finally get a schematic for the LGX, but it didn't have any detail about what the pickup wires actually do.

The pickups are a little weird. They're setup like humbuckers, but each coil has 4 wires (Yellow, Brown, White & Green) plus a shield, meaning each pickup has 8 wires and 2 shields.

I've been searching by the name, Tetrad, the main number TPB-4C (bridge) TPN-4C (neck) and the secondary numbers 2271GB & 2271GB.

I believe the 4C is supposed to mean 4 Coil.

The funny thing is, Godin actually sells these pickups to consumers, but they haven't been able to tell me anything else about the pickups.

Do any of you very knowledgeable people on this forum know any more about these pickups?

Thanks

What year is your LGX?

My 2013 model came with 4 conductor G&B pickups ( Wolf Music Korea) -the 5 way PU Switch has coil taps in the 2 & 4 positions

G&B pickup info
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18662.0

admin

Schaller Tetrad Wiring

(Stew-Mac)

kenact

Quote from: admin on December 31, 2020, 07:53:48 AM
Schaller Tetrad Wiring (Stew-Mac)

Thanks, but these are 4 wires + shield per coil, not per pickup.

The photo you attached shows the 2 cables coming out of the pickup. I think each coil is a stacked coil, but I'm not sure.

The picture I attached shows the wiring, but doesn't explain it.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

kenact

Quote from: admin on December 31, 2020, 07:40:41 AM
What year is your LGX?

My 2013 model came with 4 conductor G&B pickups ( Wolf Music Korea) -the 5 way PU Switch has coil taps in the 2 & 4 positions

G&B pickup info
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18662.0
Mine is a 98, and Schaller acknowledged that they made the pickups, but they don't have any information on them. :(
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

admin

kenact

Quote from: admin on December 31, 2020, 08:44:42 AM
Google Image Search

Thanks, but I already have that picture, but it doesn't match my wire colors, and as with the other schematic, it doesn't actually explain which wire does what.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7