AMPERO II STOMP

Started by admin, November 10, 2020, 06:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The new AMPERO II STOMP   (due Nov 2021 )
https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/multi-effect/new/ampero-ii-stomp

Ampero II Stomp Owners Manual
https://hotoneaudio.oss-cn-shenzhen.aliyuncs.com/prod/support/Ampero%20II%20Stomp_Online%C2%A0Manual_EN_Firmware%20V1.0.0_211101.1635846334234.pdf

Use Google Chrome Translate
http://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/multi-effect/new/ampero-ii-stomp
Product Features
✪ The second-generation integrated speaker simulation effector + combined monoblock effector
✪ Simple and intuitive, easy to operate, can be used with other single-piece effects, or can be used independently as a traditional multi-effect device
✪ Adopting a newly designed three-core digital platform and ESS® Sabre® series of high-quality independent AD/DA, bringing you a more musical and realistic Ampero sound
✪ Continuously evolving CDCM HD and FIRE modeling technology brings dynamic, realistic and deep sound
✪ 24-bit digital signal processing, up to 127dB dynamic range*
✪ 4-inch 800×480 dynamic color touch screen and newly designed UI bring more intuitive operation
✪ Highly liberalized double effect chain design, supporting multiple forms of effect chains in series and parallel
✪ Users can customize the modules or effects used in the effect chain, bringing greater timbre tunability
✪ Stereo input/output and FX Loop interface bring more connection methods and timbre possibilities
✪ Use up to 12 same or different effect modules at the same time
✪ An effect library with 400+ effects, with a more user-friendly effect type classification function
✪ Further optimized CDCM HD+FIRE modeling sound library, including:
-87 speaker simulation effects
-68 cabinet simulation effects
-New microphone pickup simulation algorithm optimized based on real studio measurement data
-Brand new pre-level simulation effects
-Optional independent post-level simulation effect
-More than 100 classic effector simulation effects
✪ More than 60 high-quality distortion, dynamic, filter, modulation, delay, reverb and other Hotone own effects
✪ Independent IR effect module, support loading up to 50 third-party IR
✪ Built-in 20 Celestion® authorized classic speakers sampled IR
✪ The maximum number of IR sampling points is increased to 2048 points, the sound is more delicate and lifelike
✪ Connect to a computer via a USB interface, which can be used with the free PC/MAC software to edit tones, upgrade firmware, load/edit/manage IR, etc.
✪ More powerful USB sound card function, support 8 in 8 out
✪ Native support for Reamp function
✪ Acoustic instrument simulation effects and presets inherited from Ampero
✪ The input mode selection inherited from Ampero
✪ 300 presets (100 preset groups, 3 presets in each group)
✪ Built-in stereo phrase looper supports a maximum recording time of 60 seconds, and supports Undo/Redo function
✪ 3 footswitches with LED light ring, support function customization
✪ You can customize the main interface display mode and theme color
✪ True stereo signal processing
✪ Use MIDI input/output interface and EXP/CTRL interface to further expand control possibilities
✪ Rugged aluminum alloy shell
✪ 9-18V DC power supply

"Ampero Ⅱ Stomp (with STEREO INPUT, STEREO OUTPUT, STEREO External FX Loop, MIDI I/O, 12 blocks in total , Global EQ, CAB IR, USB Audio, 9V to18VDC Power) is a new generation product of the Ampero family. The operation and interface are specially optimized for single players. The compact size is also suitable for more occasions. Ampero Ⅱ Stomp is equipped with a newly designed three-core digital platform, which pushes Ampero's high-quality sound to a new level; the freely customizable dual effect chain and more powerful functions also bring a more varied and rich sound combination.
*Note: New products will only participate in the music exhibition. Please pay attention to the follow-up news for the specific release date and price."

VIDEO LINK

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11a4y1s7oh?from=search&seid=8730146012639284687

admin

Ampero II Stomp

12 blocks which can be defined to be anything the user desires , full stereo , and 8 channel USB!

admin

https://masablikito.com/hotone-ampero-ii-stomp/

Size 145 x 143 x 51 (mm)
Equipped with 800 x 480 touch panel monitor
64 amp model 60 cabinet model
IR sample point 2048
CDCM HD + FIRE (Field Impulse Response Enhancement) technology
3-core DSP chip
12 effect blocks
Can be used as an audio interface
Stereo in, stereo out
Equipped with stereo effect loop
Equipped with global EQ
The Hx Stomp is 178 x 129 x 66 (mm), so this Hotone Ampero II Stomp is quite compact.

CDCM HD GEN 2 technology

I still don't know how much the amp model has been brushed up.

The 3-core DSP may be hard to find as a model in this price range.

There are only 3 cores and 12 effect blocks are powerful.

After all, the point is that this size is a touch panel.

There is no complaint that IR is no longer required and 2048 sample points.

Price of Hotone Ampero II Stomp
Ampero2-control
Currently, it is rich between $ 450 and $ 600.

admin

Due September 2021

admin

mchad

I read somewhere that Nov 11th is the release date.

Looking at those tech specs the Stomp looks to be quite a step up from the existing Amperos. The ESS Sabre AD/DA is used in the Motu M2 and M4 line of audio interfaces. And they're getting some positive reviews.

What are the effects like? And of course the amp modelling. It might make for a decent pedalboard star.

Elantric

Quote from: mchad on October 29, 2021, 07:29:59 PM
I read somewhere that Nov 11th is the release date.

Looking at those tech specs the Stomp looks to be quite a step up from the existing Amperos. The ESS Sabre AD/DA is used in the Motu M2 and M4 line of audio interfaces. And they're getting some positive reviews.

What are the effects like? And of course the amp modelling. It might make for a decent pedalboard star.

Hotone Ampero FX and Amp modeling is a step above mooer ,  - but depends on the effect and your personal taste
There will be demo soon
Ampero II Stomp Owners Manual
https://hotoneaudio.oss-cn-shenzhen.aliyuncs.com/prod/support/Ampero%20II%20Stomp_Online%C2%A0Manual_EN_Firmware%20V1.0.0_211101.1635846334234.pdf

this demo covers Ampero class Effects

Use Google Chrome Browser Translate function
http://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/multi-effect/new/ampero-ii-stomp

admin

Nice Hotone includes a USB-C Host OTG adapter with Ampero II Stomp

Allows direct connection to iPad Pro and Android for 8in/8out USB Class Compliant Audio & MIDI

Larsson

Interesting device. I've been eyeing one of these small format multi-effects to use with an electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass and GP-10. I've been mainly looking at GT-1000Core because it has some features that are important to me:

- Stompbox feature for effects&amps
- Gapless preset switching
- Delay&reverb trails when changing presets

I had a quick look at the Ampero II manual, and some Youtube videos but could not find if it has similar features. Does anyone know or has anyone seen a video that demonstrates such features?

admin

Quote from: Larsson on November 13, 2021, 01:34:42 AM
Interesting device. I've been eyeing one of these small format multi-effects to use with an electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass and GP-10. I've been mainly looking at GT-1000Core because it has some features that are important to me:

- Stompbox feature for effects&amps
- Gapless preset switching
- Delay&reverb trails when changing presets

I had a quick look at the Ampero II manual, and some Youtube videos but could not find if it has similar features. Does anyone know or has anyone seen a video that demonstrates such features?

Yes
Yes
Future firmware will enable Delay /Reverb Trails

admin

mchad

Looks good. Two effect paths.

Does it inspire?

I noticed the ability to mix and match power and pre amps. Is that right? I've got a hankering for a

- Varshall
- Marshox
- HiVox

You know what I mean.  ;)

admin

Its a versatile box

They are listening to early adopters and plan on firmware updates to maximize the platform

Currently the Spring Reverb is very good, but its a memory hog, prevents building a large FX  array patch.

And 84 flavors of Amp models is more like 45 , as many sound like duplicates

The Acoustic Instrument IR is very good , for emulating Acoustic Guitars using a stock Strat or LP

Larsson

Quote from: admin on November 13, 2021, 02:24:16 PM
Yes
Yes
Future firmware will enable Delay /Reverb Trails
Thank you! So 2/3 covered and one to go. I will follow the development and wait for the update to arrive and then make my decision.

Because even if they say it is coming I will follow an advice that I have learn (if I remember correctly) from you: Buy a device for the features it offers now and not what it might offer in the future.