SY-1000- Latest Firmware

Started by admin, February 01, 2020, 01:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Not sure if it's a bug but I find that I need to engage the normal switch within an instrument, disable all the instruments and turn them back on and only then does the magnetic pickup become active in the chain (normal and GK patches alike). Same with the mag signal through the 13 pin cable or 1/4'. Didn't have to do anything with Manual mode.

Update SY-1000 to FW 1.03 should correct that bug

UPDATE HISTORY

SY-1000 FW [ Ver.1.03 ] JAN 2020
Functionality Improvement
Be compatible with BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-1000.

Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
Part of the name for preset patch and variation has been changed.
CTL FUNCTION on NUM1-4 incorrectly activated at MANUAL MODE.
NORMAL PU GAIN parameter in GK SETTING doesn't work. (BASS MODE only)
Other minor bugs.

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/d6bf0b5f-b70b-47b5-b12f-a1aa08a58948/

---
SY-1000 SYSTEM PROGRAM ( VER.1.03 )
HOW TO TELL THE VERSION
Before you start, check the system program version of your SY-1000.

While holding down [ EXIT ] button, turn power ON.
Continue to hold down EXIT until the SY-1000 logo appears on the display.
After a short while, the version information appears on the display.
If this shows the latest version (Version 1.03 or later), there's no need to update your SY-1000.
After verifying the displayed version, turn off the power.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR SY-1000
SY-1000
USB cable
* The update is carried out with the unit and the computer connected via USB. Provide a cable suitable for connection to the computer you're using.

Computer (Windows or Mac) equipped with a USB port compliant with USB 2.0

CAUTION WHEN PERFORMING THE UPDATE
Never apply this update data to any product other than the SY-1000. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.

Never power-off your SY-1000 while the update is in progress!

If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the SY-1000 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.

We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.

GETTING THE UPDATE FILE
Please open/extract the downloaded "sy1000_sys_v103.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "sy1000_sys_v103" folder.

PROCEDURE FOR THE UPDATE
Hold down [ WRITE ] button and turn on the power.
* Continue to hold down WRITE until "SY-1000 Updater" appears on the display.
Connect the computer to the SY-1000's USB port by a USB cable.
Open the "SY-1000" drive folder in your personal computer.

With Windows
Within My Computer (or Computer), open "SY-1000" (or Removable Disk).

With Mac
On the desktop, open the "SY-1000" icon.

Copy (drag and drop) the "SY-1000_UPA_up.bin" in the "sy1000_sys_v103" folder into the root directory of the "SY-1000" drive.
After the copy has been completed, unmount or remove the drive on your computer.

With Windows
Right-click on the "SY-1000" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and execute "Eject."

With Mac
Drag the "SY-1000" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.

Disconnect the USB cable.

The message "Execute update ? ([WRITE]: execute, [Power off]:abort)" will appear on the display.

Press [ WRITE ] button to start the update process.
The message "Update completed." will appear on the display when the update process completes.

Turn the SY-1000 power off.
Please verify the version number "1.03" with the procedure described in "HOW TO TELL THE VERSION" part of this document.

aure

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/5ef8b79a-e307-4a1d-b92a-866f59e8eeab/

[ Ver.1.04 ] APR 2020
Bug Fixes
When the INST and Effects (CHAIN) are changed, Reverb sound sometimes fails to be output.
When Patches are switched, the DYNAMIC SYNTH parameter's SEQ playback position sometimes becomes variable.
When OUTPUT SELECT is set to INPUT type, sound drop-out sometimes occurs.
Other minor bugs.

Kevin M

Pretty quick release given it's only been out a few months. For those disappointed with the contents (ie no new features), I think we should be more hopeful later this year, or early next (just a guess, of course).

arkieboy

I have been affected by both bugs, but having the acknowledgment that they exist, I can work around them, so I'm going to wait a little until we understand the midi communication problems better.  Normally I am 'Mr Upgrade NOW!!' but I've cleared a whole bunch of gear from my home studio because I can do it with my SY1000 and I can live without the fixes until I understand how to mitigate any costs ...
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

hippietim

Quote from:  aure on April 17, 2020, 05:01:54 PM
https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/5ef8b79a-e307-4a1d-b92a-866f59e8eeab/

[ Ver.1.04 ] APR 2020
Bug Fixes
When the INST and Effects (CHAIN) are changed, Reverb sound sometimes fails to be output.
When Patches are switched, the DYNAMIC SYNTH parameter's SEQ playback position sometimes becomes variable.
When OUTPUT SELECT is set to INPUT type, sound drop-out sometimes occurs.
Other minor bugs.

It's great to see you around!

fokof

Maybe/probably

Everything was working fine before 1.04 update

Brak(E)man

Is it time to update ? No errors?
All ok ?
I'm on high Sierra
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

mooncaine

An old saying: you can tell who the pioneers were; they were the ones with arrows in their backs.
Thank you so much for sharing those moments when you found an arrow in your back! The rest of us have a chance to learn from your experience and, maybe, avoid getting an arrow in the back, too.

aliensporebomb

I had absolutely no problems installing 1.04 - in fact that's the first thing I did with the unit besides plug it in and turn it on.  I am still learning the unit though so by the time I figure it out I'm sure 1.05 or beyond will be out.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumtown

The firmware update was the first thing I did too.
This one also lets you move the 4 Instrument blocks in different order.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Brak(E)man

Quote from:  admin on June 21, 2020, 04:54:03 PM
Sad bulk of this thread changed topics to the macOS USB driver issue - not related to the topic of new SY-1000 Firmware 1.04

In your opinion there's no correlation between the firmware update to 1.04 and the driver issues ?
So the firmware update is "safe" to do ?

- Lydia Lunch

gumtown

Quote from:  Brak(E)man on June 22, 2020, 12:23:25 AM
In your opinion there's no correlation between the firmware update to 1.04 and the driver issues ?

There is no correlation between the Firmware update and the driver.
The Firmware is SY-1000 based, the driver is computer based, the USB interaction is at a level lower than the firmware.

The driver issue on Mac Catalina is due to the Mac operating system changes to both 64 bit only architecture, and security features blocking midi driver data flow inwards to the Mac O.S.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Brak(E)man

Quote from:  gumtown on June 22, 2020, 01:15:03 AM
There is no correlation between the Firmware update and the driver.
The Firmware is SY-1000 based, the driver is computer based, the USB interaction is at a level lower than the firmware.

I know the difference between a unit firmware and a computer driver for a unit.
Having used computer for audio and midi since mid 80ths I know that strange things happens.
So the problems reported after firmware update has only to do with at the same time updated drivers?
No separate issues with the firmware update??

I'm just asking I'm no software guru , but I've learned the lesson not to update too early or
if it's not essential.
I'd like to get rid of the reverb bug but....

- Lydia Lunch

admin

Quote from:  Brak(E)man on June 22, 2020, 12:23:25 AM

As Gumtown states - SY-1000  Firmware update is safe to do

MacOS USB driver ia a separate issue not related to SY-1000 Firmware  version

gumtown

I'm happy with using FW 1.04 with no problems found (yet?), but I do look forward to any future updates.
Hoping for new or added features.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from:  gumtown on June 21, 2020, 07:33:11 PM
The firmware update was the first thing I did too.
This one also lets you move the 4 Instrument blocks in different order.

I don't think so. I never updated to latest 1.04 and I can move INST 1,2,3,NORMAL blocks to different paths.

JiveTurkey

Everytime I see this thread pop up; I think I am getting a new FW notification. Only to realize it's a thread (loosely) about the current fw  :-X >:(  :'( ;D

Brak(E)man

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.1.05 ] SEP 2020
Bug Fix
The following bug was fixed.
When the CUR NUM function is enabled, the CUR NUM LED may not light correctly.

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/4d035c13-8336-497d-99c0-63568af0d3a8/

- Lydia Lunch

JiveTurkey

Quote from: Brak(E)man on September 03, 2020, 01:18:48 PM
UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.1.05 ] SEP 2020
Bug Fix
The following bug was fixed.
When the CUR NUM function is enabled, the CUR NUM LED may not light correctly.

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/4d035c13-8336-497d-99c0-63568af0d3a8/
Never let them tell you they don't update anything!

gumtown

WOW !! is that all that they can find wrong with it?

admin

Quote from: gumtown on September 03, 2020, 01:49:06 PM
WOW !! is that all that they can find wrong with it?

Agreed

Apparently nobody at Roland/Boss reads the SY-1000 Bug list

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=27381.0

(Beginning to think their corporate IT department blocks our URL

mchad

Is Yoshi part of the SY1000 FB group? I am and I'm pretty sure bugs get discussed there.

jozart

Still waiting for CONTORL MODE knob label to be fixed...

Brak(E)man

- Lydia Lunch

BROCKSTAR

Haha what a joke update lol.... That's almost like laughing in everyone's face. SY-1000 meet your new friend SY-300 that never got much attention either.... After this year I'm pretty sure you're a goner like sy-300 lol.