Ampero - ASIO USB Audio Drivers for Windows PC

Started by admin, May 31, 2019, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Ampero ASIO USB Audio Drivers for Windows PC:

I'm using Ampero (FW 3.0) as ASIO USB Audio Interface for recording guitar into Reaper DAW on a Dell Precision Tower 3650 i7-6700 (32GB RAM) Win7 Pro 64 PC

I figured I would try the Ampero ASIO Driver 1.1 for Windows
posted at bottom of this page
https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/Multi_Effects/Amperos/2019/0220/309.html

Configured Reaper DAW (v5.978/x64 rev 4d396c ) to use Ampero ASIO Driver 1.1 with Ampero and while recording - all appeared well, VU meters dancing away as I played.

But upon playback - I had extremely bad audio - unrecognizable as a Guitar track -

Uninstalled Ampero ASIO Driver 1.1 for Windows, and rebooted my PC

Then remembered back in early March 2019 I had prior downloaded an earlier version:
Ampero ASIO Driver 1.0 for Windows
- so I installed that older Ampero ASIO Driver 1.0 and reset Reaper to reinstall Ampero as ASIO Audio interface.

The Recording worked much better now

Reaper reports Ampero as 44.1kHz / 24bit WAV 256spls ~8.2/8.2ms ASIO)

Note: Ampero ASIO Control Panel has an error - it reports Ampero as a 16bit Audio Interface - but I trust Reaper, I had excellent dynamic range at least I can finally record clean 24 bit Ampero Guitar tracks using USB on Window 7 (64) .
One observation, interesting that the Ampero Drums can not be routed to Ampero's USB Audio Out to Computer - during tracking I was rocking out to Ampero built in drums - but upon playback , all I had was stereo guitar, and no drums.[/i]

If you use Windows 7(64)  / Windows 8.1(64), Get the older

Get Working Ampero ASIO Driver 1.0 here:
http://www.hotoneaudio.com/downloads/software/Ampero/Ampero%20ASIO%20Driver%20Setup%201.0%20for%20Windows.exe

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lPX4KtvnpxatU8IcYn_zmZx-KnX3pb6/view

BTW - My  Ampero running FW V3.0 , and using Ampero ASIO Driver V1.0 on Win7 (64) has excellent dynamic range and very low noise floor - with each Hotone Friday  - it keeps getting better and BETTER!
- THANKS to everyone at HOTONE!

neTp0Bu4

Asio driver v1.0 seems doesn't work in windows 10. It was blocked as unsigned.

admin

Quote from: neTp0Bu4 on July 26, 2019, 01:13:54 PM
Asio driver v1.0 seems doesn't work in windows 10. It was blocked as unsigned.

Same as Roland/ Boss USB Drivers for Windows 10

There is procedure to allow unsigned USB drivers to work with Windows10
https://ph.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10%3A-disable-signed-driver-enforcement
Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.

Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
Click Update and Security.
Click on Recovery.
Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Advanced options.
Click Startup Settings.
Click on Restart.
On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.

neTp0Bu4

Now I use WASAPI exclusive in windows 10 and don't need ASIO

MastrGreyBrd

If you have FL Studio, you might try using their ASIO driver in other apps. I use it Ableton, which cant do wasapi. Much better results compared to the useless asio4all. Latency is still a bit to much, though. Will get a dedicated usb interface soon.

neTp0Bu4

I use Cocos Reaper as a DAW and I have no problems with latency or protocol support, I recommend

admin

QuoteI use Cocos Reaper as a DAW and I have no problems with latency or protocol support, I recommend

Which Ampero USB Driver are you using?

On Which Operating System?

neTp0Bu4

Quote from: admin on September 17, 2019, 07:44:12 PM
Which Ampero USB Driver are you using?

On Which Operating System?
I'm not using Ampero ASIO driver at all, Win10 with WASAPI exclusive mode, it works like ASIO without software intermediaries, but there is one BUT: in exclusive mode, only one program can work with a sound card at a time, if the Reaper window is active, then all other sounds are muted.