VGuitarForums Patch Database - v2

Started by admin_shawnb, September 29, 2018, 09:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin_shawnb

*** Please use the Attachment Browser going forward! ***

admin_shawnb

The above table lists attributes for ALL patches from the patch exchanges on VGuitarForums.com. 

When clicked, all column headers bring up search fields.  Where appropriate, dropdown lists are also provided. 

Notes:
  • There is also an Excel version of the file, attached to the above post.
  • This content - both the above table & the attached file - is updated 4 times EVERY DAY - what you are looking at is current.
  • Contents are based on the posts which share the patches.  The more descriptive the post, the more attribution is available.
  • Links to patches and the topics they are included in are provided.
Limitations:
  • Posts that share patches that are sparse in descriptive info are sparse here, too.
  • Page takes a few seconds to load.  It's a lot of content!
  • Filters do not work in IE.
Links to other helpful patch lists:

There are other excellent patch lists and collections here at VGuitarForums, including:

ElliotG

Shawn,

The SY300 patches are no longer in the database.  I suspect this is because the SY300 section was recently moved under "VGuitar Forums » Guitar Synths   -no special pickup required  » Boss SY-300 General Discussion » Boss SY-300 Patch Exchange"

Thanks,
Elliot

shawnb

They're there.  Use the Board filter. 

I'll see if I can clean that up & make it more obvious. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

ElliotG

Of course your right! 
Unfortunately the device field is blank for the SY300, therefore I didn't the patches.

Thanks again for your efforts here!

-Elliot

shawnb

Note:  We have enhanced this database to include patches that are even OUTSIDE of the patch exchanges.  Turns out there are quite a lot of 'em, so this added many patches to the database. 

Note also that we include .zip, .rar, etc., because folks share patches in those formats.  So this database also includes these files.  They are often not patches, but other helpful helpful information.  In a way, this database can be used to find almost any form of helpful attachment that has been posted here at VGuitarForums!
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

aliensporebomb

I went back over some old posts in case there were some cool topics overlooked after all this time and I found I'd sometimes add a patch to a discussion and never add it to the patch database. 

Even certain people who normally didn't upload patches sometimes added one to a thread.  Worth a re-scour.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

shawnb

We have almost 4000 user patches on this site...  The problem is they're scattered about in posts, on various boards, and searching never seems to properly catch everything.  Categorization is difficult.   So we have been working on an online table, searchable & with filters.  The new VGuitarForums patch database is available above.

It takes several seconds to load (it's a large table), but once loaded you can search & filter away. 

Some notes on the patch database & usage:
  • Each column has a text filter, e.g., you can type in "jimi" in the post excerpt column and get all posts with references to jimi that have patches attached.
  • Where there are discreet entries, such as boards, FX, or musical qualities, dropdowns are available.
  • Filters are all cumulative, e.g., you can filter on "synth" patches in the instrument column, then click on the category dropdown to see which devices folks use for those patches, or click on the member dropdown to see which member contributed those patches.
And keep adding/removing filters until you're down to the patches you're looking for!