Boss GT-1

Started by Elantric, September 09, 2016, 07:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Boss GT-1 $250 MSRP - ($199 USD Street) at B&H soon
http://bfy.tw/7cIQ

https://www.gearnews.com/909-day-boss-gt-1-multi-fx-pedal/

Roland's 909 Day is bombarding us all with more and more products to add to the new Katana amp range Boss are just announcing the new GT-1 Multi-FX pedal for guitarists.
COSM

Information at the time of writing is scarce, but we knw for sure tha the new GT-1 is based upon Boss's popular COSM technology. It looks as though you can use it work your DAW as well, as the unit has USB connectivity.
Feature wise I expect it will have all the usual effects and hopefully it will integrate well with the new range of KAtana amps that they are launching today as well.
Features?

The GT-1 looks to have three controls for setting various parameters. About seven buttons so that different effects can be selected, such as compressor, overdrive, distortion, preamp, modulation, delay and reverb. So the usual suspects. With the foot switches we reckon you'll be able to also activate another tuner and a Phrase Looper.
We've added a few blurry shots of the live stream to give you an idea of what to expect.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1/specifications/

PREMIUM TONE FOR PLAYERS ON THE GO
Ultra-portable and easy to use, the GT-1 delivers pro-level tones everywhere you play. Driven by the powerful BOSS GT-series engine, it gives you access to a huge selection of world-class amps and effects for all types of music. A streamlined interface enables quick and intuitive sound creation, while an assignable control switch and expression pedal provide dynamic real-time effects adjustment. And by connecting to BOSS Tone Central, you can download free pro patches, editing software, and more. Equally suited for beginners, weekend warriors, and traveling players, the GT-1 packs premium sound in a compact and rugged package.

SPECIFICATIONS
-------------------------
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz

AD Conversion: 24 bits + AF method
* AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.

DA Conversion: 24 bits

Effects: 108 types

Patches: 99 (User) + 99 (Preset)

Phrase Loop: 32 sec

Nominal Input Level
--------------------------
Guitar INPUT: -10 dBu,
AUX IN: -20 dBu

Maximum Input Level
--------------------------
Guitar INPUT: -7 dBu,
AUX IN: 0 dBu

Input Impedance
-------------------
Guitar INPUT: 1 M ohm
AUX IN: 27 k ohms

Nominal Output Level
------------------------
OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu
PHONES: -10 dBu

Output Impedance
---------------------
OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm
PHONES: 44 ohms

Recommended Load Impedance
------------------------------------
OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater
PHONES: 44 ohms or greater

Controls
---------
DOWN switch
UP switch
CTL1 switch
EASY SELECT button
EASY EDIT button
FX1/COMP button
OD/DS button
PREAMP button
FX2/MOD button
DELAY button
REVERB button
MEMORY EDIT button
EXIT button
ENTER button
MENU button
#1 Rotary knob
#2 Rotary knob
#3 Rotary knob
Expression pedal

Display: Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)

Rear Connectors
--------------------
Guitar INPUT jack, OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL2, 3/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
DC IN jack
Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)
Current Draw: 200 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.

Included Accessories
---------------
Owner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4

Options (sold separately)
-----------------------------
AC adaptor: PSA series
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5,
SIZE AND WEIGHT Width - 305 mm 12-1/16 inches

Depth: 152 mm - 6 inches
Height: 56 mm - 2-1/4 inches
Maximum height: 74 mm  - 2-15/16 inches
Weight (including battery) 1.3 kg - 2 lbs 14 oz

utensil

Assuming it's price point is friendly I expect this will sell reasonably well due to boss distribution and it being easy to market. Not seeing anything my iPhone 6 with tonestack ,loopy and ik Blueboard can't accomplish in a smaller more versatile package . Not to mention synth and virtual instruments with jam origins midi guitar. I guess it will depend on the quality of modeled sounds

zoot_rollo

today's the day.

i have a feeling, for guitar and bass, the announcements will be disappointing.

mooncaine

GT-1's got possibilities. I'll check it out when I can see more detail.

whippinpost91850

Nothing of interest to me ::)
I suspect DJs mat get a little excited, but I don't know

( . )( . )

Well...sigh...at least it runs on batteries.

Just to reiterate, the ME-80 is definitely worth checking out, especially if the price drops or if you can find a used one cheap. It's really fun.

slooky

Move along,,,,their is nothing to see here  ::)

200  if that's what they will be asking for this unit might be a good price but options could be very limited.

Elantric

Just to reiterate, the ME-80 is definitely worth checking out, especially if the price drops or if you can find a used one cheap. It's really fun.

I agree - I still prefer a used Boss ME-80 to this new "LCD menu diving for editing " GT-1 for my live gig needs

sixeight

Freeze frame the first video at 1:11.

I see guitar and aux in, headphones and stereo out. Is that a control pedal? Where is the USB? No midi on the back - surprise, surprise.

Well at least it has a headphone jack. ;D

rolandvg99

<Edit> I... <Exit> <Right button> <Enter> don't...  like... single... parameter... editing.

The fun always happen when you can tweak multiple parameters at once. Love the VG-99 front end and my SY-300 Behringer BCR2000 setup. GP-10 editing = blargh! I hope that the Primova Sound MIDX20 will make the GP-10 alright when it arrives and my BCR can make a direct connection.

They could at least have made a touch friendly editor. Virtual rotating knobs is no good for touch usage. Sliders and buttons is what works. And why not an editor that can use external CC controllers to adjust parameters? Ctrlr is quite promising, but requires a whole lot of "programming".
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

BMapson

In the comments:

"The look on his face at 2:55 is priceless as the GT-1 buzzes away."

I do hear a harmonizer, though.  I wonder how well it actually works.

whippinpost91850

Yep, Kind of says it all

admin

I do hear a harmonizer, though.  I wonder how well it actually works.

Same as the existing one in GT-001/GT-100

CodeSmart

If it's based on the GT-001/GT-100 and if it has a USB connector, I'd guess a MIDX-20 would plug just right in to get 5-PIN MIDI IN/OUT. For what it's worth.... ::) Unless they changed things dramatically.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Headless68

Hmmmm, def not a VGT-100 :-(

gumtown

Can't complain about the $199 price, should be a lot of DSP for $$$.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

( . )( . )

They've added the GT-1 to Tone Studio's Live Sets. Are any of these new? Nope...

http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/category/gt-1/

But on the bright side, I'm a senior member now...

gumbo

Quote from: Chameleon on September 09, 2016, 06:10:37 PM

But on the bright side, I'm a senior member now...

...welcome to the VGuitar Pension Plan..   :-*
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Elantric

QuoteBut on the bright side, I'm a senior member now...

Welcome to the club! - You know as a Senior member this means you will be obligated to pull your weight and answer at least 3 posts per day from newbies for next 8 years ;)

Elantric

QuoteInsane low price  :o How is it possible?

By controlling the Boss GT-1's Bill of materials and owning the manufacturing of a significant number of parts (Roland owns their own metal fabrication facility and Plastic Molding facility and can control the cost of the GT-1's chassis ) 
The Input Jack is the  Power Switch
The Roland ESC2 DSP IC that used to be $40.00 each back in 2012 i figure are now closer $8.00 each in 2016 and it was relatively straight forward for Boss Engineers to port the existing GT-100 / GT-001 DSP code to the GT-1 - I doubt there are any "new" FX exclusive to the GT-1 - if you want to know what the GT-1 is capable of  today - just download and re-read ALL the GT-001 Manual and GT-001 Parameter Guide.
https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-001/support/

I know this because compare this page

http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/category/gt/

to this page
http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/category/gt-1/

The GT-1 lacks the GT-001's XLR Mic Pre and associated analog circuitry - so the GT-1 rear panel I/O is very similar to the Boss ME-80's  - probably shares the same AKM  CODEC IC as used in ME-80 ( $4.00) 

I bet they already have 5,000 units being built as i write this , and Like ME-80, since its Battery powered on 6 AA Batteries I bet the Roland PSA AC Mains Power adapter is not included  -  thats how Roland  drives their overhead costs down and can sell it for $250 MSRP - $199 Street

( . )( . )

Quote from: Elantric on September 09, 2016, 06:46:25 PM
Welcome to the club! - You know as a Senior member this means you will be obligated to pull your weight and answer at least 3 posts per day from newbies for next 8 years ;)

Well that sounds like work  - I almost reported your post to a moderator for unfairness...

Lol - I'll do my part to help out where I can.   

Elantric

Due October 20. 2016 $199

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-gt-1-guitar-multi-effects-processor?rNtt=gt-1&index=1

OVERVIEW
A multi-effects unit packed with a wide selection of premium BOSS sounds to take wherever you go.

Ultra-portable and easy to use, the GT-1 delivers pro-level tones everywhere you play. Driven by the powerful BOSS GT-series engine, it gives you access to a huge selection of world-class amps and effects for all types of music. A streamlined interface enables quick and intuitive sound creation, while an assignable control switch and expression pedal provide dynamic real-time effects adjustment. And by connecting to BOSS Tone Central, you can download free pro patches, editing software, and more. Equally suited for beginners, weekend warriors, and traveling players, the GT-1 packs premium sound in a compact and rugged package.

Exceptional Sound
Thanks to its flagship-class GT sound engine, the GT-1 provides tone quality and sound-shaping ability that far exceeds typical compact multi-effects. A history of BOSS processing is at your fingers, from classics such as the OD-1 Overdrive to modern effects powered by innovative MDP technology. There's a huge selection of COSM amp tones on tap too, including vintage legends and BOSS original amps optimized for ideal tone and response. Specialized effects like Acoustic Simulator, Guitar Simulator, and others provide numerous tonal options, and there's even a looper to enhance your practice sessions and stage performances.

Portable Tone Partner
The GT-1 was designed for musicians on the move. It's surprisingly lightweight and compact, yet still delivers the rugged durability that BOSS is famous for. The modern design is easy to slip in and out of a guitar bag's accessory compartment, with no worries of hard edges causing damage to your axe. AC or battery power provides flexibility for any performing situation, and up to seven hours of battery life is available for street performing and other mobile gigs.

Easy Patch Selection and Sound Creation
With the GT-1, it's simple to find fantastic tones for your style, and just as simple to customize them to taste. Beginners can get great sounds right away, while more experienced players will appreciate how quick and intuitive it is to adjust sounds. The Easy Select function allows you to choose patches by genre, distortion, or effect type, while Easy Edit lets you tweak drive, modulation, and echo tones to perfection with little effort. Dedicated panel buttons provide quick on/off switches for effect groups, and also unlock deep-dive parameters for microscopic fine-tuning.

BOSS Tone Central and BOSS Tone Studio
At BOSS Tone Central, you'll find tons of free patch collections for playing all types of music with the GT-1. Created by pro guitarists, these patches are dialed-in and ready to use, and make great starting points for advanced players who like to create their own custom sounds. The free BOSS Tone Studio software provides a full-featured editor/librarian for the GT-1, as well as integrated access to all the patch collections at BOSS Tone Central.

Maximum Control in a Small Space
The GT-1's three footswitches are smartly designed to provide patch selection, tuner access, looper control, and more in a minimal footprint. The dedicated CTL1 switch is freely assignable to functions like tap tempo, effects on/off, and numerous others, while the expression pedal and toe switch are assignable to volume, wah, and various effects parameters. If you crave more control, there's even a jack for connecting up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal. And in addition to providing access to BOSS Tone Central and BOSS Tone Studio, the GT-1's USB jack lets you record and re-amp tones with your favorite DAW.
FEATURES
Flagship-class BOSS sound engine squeezed into a light and compact floor unit
Modern design with no hard edges enables safe transport in a guitar bag
Easy Select and Easy Edit functions for quickly choosing and tweaking patches
Four AA batteries provide up to seven hours of playing time for busking and mobile gigs
Onboard control switch and expression pedal; footswitch/expression pedal jack and USB
Download ready-to-play pro patches for free at BOSS Tone Central
Call or click to order today!

abhijitnath

I like how most of what he played was Marty Friedman and Jason Becker licks:)- to cater to the Japanese market no doubt..
That being said, that noise and plinky overdrive sound at 2:55 is simply unacceptable in 2016.

pasha811

Competitor for Zoom G3 series?
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

whippinpost91850