Working wireless GK pickup video?!

Started by q, February 21, 2015, 08:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

q

Hi everyone!

I just found this on youtube, can anyone verify it?! Is it finally possible to go wireless?

http://www.kapela-gibon.cz/roland-gr55-wireless-system/
GR-55
VG-88
GR-30

CodeSmart

Interesting but its a pity he's not transmitting S1/S2 and Volume knob setting. I would like the full set of GK signals + regular pickup. Also it would be interesting what frequencies he's using. Building  six FM transmitters in a box is easy technically (3 stereo single chip transmitters) but I assume you got to be careful about regulations and interference from/to other equipment/musicians/airport landing systems etc.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

q

I agree it would be nice to have S1/S2 and volume control, but to be honest at this stage just being wireless would be enough for me! I use the Ghost pickup system and don't have the extra controls on my guitar so it's not a dealbreaker for me.
Is it something you could do Codesmart? I've seen your projects and products in the forum, you definitely got the skills!
GR-55
VG-88
GR-30

CodeSmart

This has been a thing many V-guys wanted for a long time and I think most electronically interested guys at this forum has thought about it. However no one has done it...yet.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

whippinpost91850

Very interesting I had not seen that. Wireless would be awesome if the latency is not to crazy

gumtown

Analog radio is the only way to go for a latency free link,
which means public WiFi bands can't be used, and each country has different specs and licensing for other radio spectrum use.

For a project like this to available to everyone, it would have to be sold 'under the radar' or as a kitset.

8 channels would be required, 6 for the hex pickup, 1 for the normal P.U. and 1 for the control data of S1/S2/GK Vol.

The simplest devices/chips available are for stereo FM radio, although channel separation is not the best (70~80dB) on pairs of channels,
it would be workable. Using then just above or below the FM broadcast band. They would also require a common linked PLL oscillator for the transmitter and one for the receiver.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

+ using FM transmission requires finding 6-8 free FM channels that are not already used in your gig location. Add batteries and poor dynamic range, I'd rather use a well maintained cable and concentrate on playing guitar , not battling finding 6 channel of open FM spectrum at every gig.

Elantric

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

BladesToyShop