Tronical Tune

Started by Elantric, May 08, 2012, 10:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

admin

admin

scratch17

I love the part where the demonstrator says,"alles easy to handle"!
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

whippinpost91850

I'm getting ready to replace the Tronical Tune on my SG, I just can't get the e-b-g to stay in tune

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: admsustainiac on April 06, 2018, 11:20:51 AM

https://www.tronicaltune.com/tuners?navi

I've used all generations of Tronical products so far and this one seems to be the most interesting.  I wonder if the iOS app will take MIDI commands.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

MCK

Are the tuner machines using plastic gears? I read somewhere that it is a common problem to have stripped gears. Darkfire used to have metal gears I recall and this was not a problem then. Can someone kindly confirm? Thanks

admin

Quote from: MCK on April 27, 2018, 12:07:44 PM
Are the tuner machines using plastic gears? I read somewhere that it is a common problem to have stripped gears. Darkfire used to have metal gears I recall and this was not a problem then. Can someone kindly confirm? Thanks

Metal gears is all I've experienced

MCK

Super! Thanks for the confirmation

admin

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on March 01, 2018, 02:01:37 PM
I'm getting ready to replace the Tronical Tune on my SG, I just can't get the e-b-g to stay in tune

Often thats due to strings binding in the Nut slots which may be too narrow for the gauge string

I have good results with a Graph-Tech Nut

Here is Left handed 
https://www.amazon.com/Graph-Tech-Slotted-Guitar-PT-6060-L0/dp/B006QGG4V6

http://www.graphtech.com/products/brands/tusq-xl/product-detail-tusq-xl/tusq-xl-gibson-style-slotted-nut?id=df848f1e-f31f-4a5c-83b9-8e5699cc2ace

whippinpost91850

Thanks I'm not sure that's the issue. But I'll give a new nutt a try

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on May 08, 2018, 07:20:25 PM
Thanks I'm not sure that's the issue. But I'll give a new nutt a try

What string gauges are you using?  They may be too light.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

whippinpost91850

10's...... But I've been a Luthier / repairman for nearly 50 years and that was the first thing I checked... But thanks for the reminder

I'm gonna install  a different nutt this weekend and see If that helps

BladesToyShop

Okay, you guys sold me on this too. Gotta get the guitar together with what I already have and see how it works before adding a new toy...

gumbo

Quote from: BladesToyShop on May 21, 2018, 05:42:58 PM
Okay, you guys sold me on this too. Gotta get the guitar together with what I already have and see how it works before adding a new toy...

...it's sorta like saying..  "I'll adjust ONE parameter at a time......and see what it sounds like.."

;)

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

BladesToyShop

Quote from: gumbo on May 22, 2018, 01:09:53 AM

...it's sorta like saying..  "I'll adjust ONE parameter at a time......and see what it sounds like.."

;)

I could wait, but that wouldn't give me enough time to get used to the guitar before I want to be doing some songs with it in September.