Line-6 HX Effects

Started by admin, January 25, 2018, 03:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

http://cyfrowogitarowo.pl/archiwa/2328

Not just any successor of the M series: HX Effects
NAMM 2018 HX Effects is a compact device that can best be described as a combination of the concept known from multi-effect M9 and the top modeler Line 6 like Helix. For me, it is actually a digital marriage, because both the old "eM" and Helix brought to him what they have the best.

With M9, all effects remain in it, which have been enriched with all effects from Helix and algorithms known from stofosses DL4, MM4, FM4 and DM4, which in total gives almost 200 items! We will not find amplifiers emulation here, but - this is big news - in the new multi, there is no space for charging impulse responses, so-called. IR messages. We also find in it a looper operated with 6 buttons. At the moment, nothing is known about its recording time.

When we carefully read the HXFX specifications, it turns out that the similarities to the M series actually end with the very purpose of this device and its effects inherited from it. For this you can also add the dimensions of the new and old multi (M9 is slightly smaller) and this is the end.
The rest are just differences that should please us. First of all, HX Effects, unlike eg M13, allows you to fasten not 4 effects at once, but up to 9. In addition, the chain is flexible and we can choose whether the effects are combined in series or in parallel. In addition, there is support for not one, but two external monophonic effects loops, which can possibly be pinned into one stereo.

Just look at the effect and you can see what else HXFX took from the large Helix. It is the entire control module, navigation through small screens placed on footswitches, which are sensitive to touch and thanks to this function do not even require pressing during programming. As in Helix it is also possible to program HXFX without using your hands.

Functionally, the new device also tilts more towards the top Helix than it looks at the old "eM". For example, sockets previously used to connect two expression pedals can now also be used to control the amplifier channels: they replace up to 4 switches. Will this be the power of sending MIDI messages that we have in the big "Helek"? I do not know ... I am waiting for instructions and I hope that it will be so! Then HX Effects can become not only a serious competitor to the FX8 Fractal, but also to become a compact control center for the amplifier and other effects.

According to Line 6, HXFX is the same low-noise audio track operating at the dynamic range of 123 dB. If we are sound purists, HX Effects gives you the option to choose between true true bypass and digital switching via DSP, which keeps the tails of the effects being turned off. Is it the same processor as my older brother, but I have not been able to find another one yet.

I must say that HXFX promises to be very interesting. Rather, there are no signs that Line 6 will decide in the near future to add effects to the effects of amplifiers, so that you can have ½ Helix under the foot. I would not be offended, but rather I would expect a new product.

Dimensions: 20.06 × 27.43 × 7.62 cm
Weight: 2.22 kg
Price suggested in the USA: 599.99 USD

admin

https://www.gear4music.com/news/article/NAMM-2018-Streamlined-Line-6-Helix-HX-Effects-Delivers-Effects-Modelling-Exclusively/7GL/2018-01-25

Music Gear News
At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

NAMM 2018: Streamlined Line 6 Helix HX Effects Delivers Effects Modelling Exclusively
Bookmark and Share
NAMM 2018: Streamlined Line 6 Helix HX Effects Delivers Effects Modelling Exclusively
The Line 6 Helix HX Effects is the latest model in the Line 6 Helix range, and delivers 100 effects from the award-winning Helix hardware and software processors. The Helix FX is packaged in a compact and road-ready foot controller, with clear LCD displays, touch-capacitive foot switches, color-coded LED rings, and enough power and connectivity to become the centre of your entire rig.

The new HX Effects takes the same technology as used in the Helix pedalboard, but streamlines the range of functions to include the effects models only; perfect for guitarists who still like to use a 'real' guitar amplifier and simply require access to a huge range of multiple effects (in a much smaller and self-contained package than your average pedalboard).

The HX Effects can run 9 effects simultaneously, and lets you choose between 100 effects models from the Helix range. It also includes a range of legacy effects from the popular M-Series and Stompbox Modeler pedals.

Touch-capacitive footswitches allow you to edit sounds simply by placing your finger on any metallic pedal switch - this lets you instantly access an individual pedal to alter its parameters; simulating the way you'd access an individual stomp-box on stage. The 6 'scribble strip' LCD screens also allow you to add custom text, making live performance a clear and simple affair.

Helix HX includes a choice of analogue bypass or DSP bypass models with trails, alongside an incredible 123dB of dynamic range for exceptional response and low-noise. An ability to load your own Impulse Responses is another powerful feature, should you wish to run a direct signal to front-of-house or a recording device.

The power of Helix modelling is fully implemented in the HX Effects, even down to the digital re-creation of a real light bulb for the 'vibe' effect - the Helix's version of this model sounded particularly 'chewy' and organic.

The power of the HX Effects is also in its connectivity - it has a 2 amp-switch outputs for channel changing, 2x send/returns to incorporate your own pedals or use in the amp's effects loop, and stereo in/out. The HX Effects has the versatility to control your compatible amplifier and can be utilised in the 4-cable method; allowing you to send some effects into the front-end of the amp, and some effects into the FX Loop.

The HX Effects provides a lot of power, sound, and control options, in a throgouhly compact package. To get the same level of control with individual devices would lead to a large and complex setup; with the HX Effects, everything is provided in a stand-alone unit.

In 2016, the Helix Pedalboard and Helix Rack showed the world just how far Line 6 had come since the introduction of its pioneering and ubiquitous 'kidney bean'- shaped POD amp modeller. The 1998 POD inspired a whole generation of guitarists to seriously consider the use of amp and effect modelling on stage and in studio environments. By 2016, the POD platform was still in strong form through its many iterations, but Line 6 was lagging behind other companies at the very top-end of the modelling scene - Fractal and Kemper, to name two.

The Line 6 Helix was made a huge impression on us last year, with its incredible power, connectivity, and vastly superior modelling chain. The Line 6 HX Effects is a realisation that some guitarists still prefer to use a 'real' amplifier, and that - for them - a multi-effects device is all they require. Now musicians can access the ultimate DSP processing and acclaimed Line 6 effects models in a compact unit to integrate with their rigs.

The new HX Effects is a powerful new unit and will be the ideal multi-effects pedal for those who still like to use 'real' amps on stage. The HX effects delivers a huge degree of versatility and power, without the requirement to have a team of roadies coming with you to every gig to carry your - what would otherwise be - sizeable rig.

Find out more about the Line 6 Helix HX Compact Multi Effects Processor

See more about the Line 6 Helix - currently on sale! (25/01/18)

See our full range of Line 6 Guitar Effects

Keep up to date with the latest NAMM 2018 News and Products

By Matt Wilkinson

sixeight

Looks like an excellent companion for the GP-10.

You could use the amp modeling of the GP-10, switch off the speaker cab and load an IR on the Helix HX.
i am wondering if the midi implementation is as solid as it is on the full Helix.

I could still return my full Helix. Though I am beginning to like it in combination with the VG-99.

And then there is the new GT-1000. Quite a few options on the table...