Egnator SYNERGY SYN1 - Modular Guitar Preamp

Started by scratch17, December 23, 2015, 12:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scratch17

From Egnator:

Here is a sneak peak of the SYNERGY SYN1. This revolutionary device allows you to record authentic all tube tone. Preamps will be offered from legendary amp builders including Friedman, Soldano, Diezel, Fryette, Morgan, 65Amps, Egnater to name a few.

Like your head or combo and just want to add some amazing pre-amp channels? Now you can with the SYN-1! As long as your head or combo has a series effects loop, you can ADD pre-amps channels from your favorite brands to your existing head/combo.

Synergy will be displayed at Winter NAMM - HALL B - in the Boutique Amps Distribution booth.

SYN2 (E2) and SYN5050 (power amp) are both 100% ready and undergoing final testing before we proceed to first production.

SYN1 (E1) final prototypes are being built this week. We changed the overall look and streamlined the circuit boards. We have every confidence once these are built and tested that we can proceed to production.

SYN50 Head / Combo is almost complete. SYN25 is right behind...

8 preamps done 100% and several more in development.

Our goal is to start shipping in March but maybe sooner. We are attempting to launch everything at the same time which is no easy task - but REALLY excited to see it all come together after two years of work.

Website and pricing should be available by NAMM.

I think the SNY2 is a 2 slot rackmount chassis.

There are a few pics on the Gearpage site:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/modular-preamps-done-right.1653105/

http://www.egnateramps.com/
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

whippinpost91850

Interesting, I'll have to give Bruce a call and see If I can find out a little more.

scratch17

This really looks like a great solution for my guitar oriented studio.

I have 4 analog guitar amps. The idea of being able to connect different preamps to the power amp sections of my amps is really intriguing.

My latest aquisition is a 68 Bandmaster head. I haven't had time to pull the chassis but I think I got lucky. This one is a Silverface "BlCk Lines" with 'snowman' graphics on the knobs. So it is likely a Blackface with AB763 circuit in a Silverface cab.

Of course there is no effects loop on Bandmasters. However there are a few relatively easy and inexpensive (under $100) quality solutions available. Both tube and solid state kits are available so unless you have a 64 Tweed this mod isn't a deal breaker.

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R

scratch17

Prices posted on the Synergy facebook page:

The Syn-1 (1 module housing) $499

Syn-2 (2 module housing) $799

Syn 50 Head (50 watt head with two preamp module housing) $1995

Preamp Modules will be $399 each.

So the prices are not overly expensive.

The Syn-2 has MIDI switching capability. The Syn-1 uses a conventional 2 button footswitch. Of course you could control the switching via MIDI by connecting the switch input to a MIDI capable switcher such as a Voodoo Labs GCX. I use one to control all of my amps' channel switching, etc.

The Syn-2 has stereo outputs, but it is not yet clear as to whether you can run the chassis with both modules on simultaneously. If you can run both modules at the same time with the stereo outs, I want an Syn-2. If not, I will get two Syn-1's.

Reports in a thread on the Gear Page website say that the original Egnator and Randall MTS modules will be compatible with the Syn 1 and 2 housings.

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R

admin

admin

http://www.synergyamps.com

https://www.facebook.com/SynergyAmps

SynergyAmps
March 17 at 12:31am · 2017

Progress Report:

Synergy hardware is now undergoing FCC and CE testing. We should have the testing completed soon. All metal parts triple checked and ordered from our dear friends at Robert Chapman.

Instruction manuals (lots of work) are completed. Thank you Bruce!

All gear was shot at a professional studio and touched up. We can post some images - let us know what you want to see...

Website will be updated in the next couple of weeks.

George Metropoulos, Steve Fryette and Tone King are working to finalize their modules. Other modules now in the starting phase of development.

Finished design of MIDI footswitches for SYN-30, SYN-50 and SYN-2. Big thank you to Ron of RJM (he and his company is first rate!)

We are working on something super cool with a GREAT brand partner but too early to discuss.

We hope to start shipping to those on the waiting list in the next 60 days (pending unforeseeable hick ups).

Exciting times - we can see the finish line!!!

Panthersn

Has anyone had the opportunity to try any of the Synergy products??  Looks like they are gaining momentum.  I'm on the Axe III list, but these look so tempting!!

Both these guys can make just about anything sound great.

Panthersn

Just Mehhhh...... :-\

I got a killer deal on a Randall RM50 with four MTS modules (Plexi, Blackface, Top Boost & a hotter Plexi)  this amp sounds fantastic with these modules.  I picked up a Synergy DS (Dirty Shirley) module due to some of the clips i have watched.   Honestly there is not much tonal differences between the DS module and the Plexi.   I'm having a small problem with the bright switch not working when dialing the gain past noon. Worth $399 for the DS.......   So far nope.  I will upload some sound files tomorrow morning, and let you have a listen.

admin

QuoteI'm having a small problem with the bright switch not working when dialing the gain past noon.

Typical "feature" of silverface Fender tonestacks as well

Panthersn

Quote from: admsustainiac on February 19, 2018, 03:52:45 PM
Typical "feature" of silverface Fender tonestacks as well

Yup....   I just got an email reply from David Friedman:

"Bright switch becomes less active as you turn the gain up it's across the pot and is a small value.  Thanks"

WOW!!  talk about great customer service.  That alone makes me want to keep this module.  Only bummer is you cant access the second "red" DS channel using the RM50, unless someone comes up with a mod, like the RM4.  Not sure how this could happen with a TRS jack though  ???