Gibson Dark Fire vs Dusk Tiger vs Firebird X

Started by GuitarBuilder, June 17, 2017, 10:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

Perhaps forum members who own one or several of these could chime in: are these a good second-hand buy?  Any of them to stay away from?  I'd be interested from a studio recording standpoint, more focused on the ability to record high-quality hexaphonic signals (which unfortunately GK is not).  I'm very familiar with the evolution of Gibson robotic tuners, having owned the first Robot guitar; that is not a priority or issue here.  I look forward to your thoughts!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on June 17, 2017, 10:55:28 AM
Perhaps forum members who own one or several of these could chime in: are these a good second-hand buy?  Any of them to stay away from?  I'd be interested from a studio recording standpoint, more focused on the ability to record high-quality hexaphonic signals (which unfortunately GK is not).  I'm very familiar with the evolution of Gibson robotic tuners, having owned the first Robot guitar; that is not a priority or issue here.  I look forward to your thoughts!

IMHO -not worth it

The folks who designed it have absolutely zero regard for the 13 pin  interface features , and not much experience with robust electronic design either. Most of these are still using obsolete Echo Audio Firewire audio interfaces with no further driver support.

The GK 13 pin feature was an afterthought tacked on  - I was directly involved as a consultant 2008-2010
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=23

their piezo bridge has high crosstalk and high hissing noise

These are for the Gibson collector and nothing more in my opinion

In 2017 , these Certainly are not tools I can recommend

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=466.0

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

Elantric

admin_shawnb