GR-55 - Sound of normal guitar is heard thru L or R Output jack

Started by Skysearcher, October 31, 2013, 07:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Quoteand the on/off box for Normal Pickup is already ON.

Click the on/off box for Normal Pickup, and  Turn it OFF

rumrill

Ignore previous post. That's it! Thanks 1,000,000! Problem solved. . .

Elantric

Baimun

Reading through these replies for editing the patches to allow the normal pickup to pass through unaffected, but keep in mind that another option is the "two cable" method I use where I don't plug in the 6" patch cable from the normal output to the GK3 pickup.  I run a normal guitar cable for my passive analogue path to the tube amp, and the 13 pin from the GK3 to the GR55 with no potential cross contamination. 

I have been editing my patches to use the expression pedal for synth patch volume and then my guitar's volume knob controls my electric guitar so I can easily switch back and forth or blend them together (I'm usually using my Boomerang Loop Station so easily switching between the instruments I'm stacking is essential).

Elantric

When using GR-55 at live gig I typically run two cables from my guitar, and only use the GK 13 pin cable for synth use only
1/4" cable feeds my normal guitar rig.

The GR-55 patch to patch change audio mute prevents me considering using the GR-55 for my only FX box 

dsmmrm

I have a godin xtsa and I run the mag pup direct to the tube amp, the piezo pup to a VL3 and then the PA and the 13 pin to the GR55. 3 cables out of the guitar can be challenging and looks a bit weird but the real fun is in chasing the ground loops.

Antonuzzo

I've just acquired a GC-1 and was going mad trying to work out why I couldn't get the native guitar sound only on the three-way switch! I thought I had a faulty guitar until I checked with a VG-99 (it worked) and then read this thread... it looks like the key is to use one of those existing patches such as 30-1 as a basis for building new ones. Ridiculous, but that's Roland for you...

Just going to add that the GC-1 is one cracking instrument. Gorgeous neck, ridiculously playable – it's a better instrument than quite a few of the MIAs that I've played. And the normal pickups sound bloody good too.