FTP - Firmware update to v2.33 fails

Started by GuitarBuilder, May 25, 2018, 04:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

I haven't used my FTP for a while and now the software insists on upgrading the firmware from v2.28 to v2.33 every time it starts.  I tried to do so three times now, all resulting in failure.  The only option is to quit, so the app is completely useless now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a successful firmware upgrade?  Thanks!

Mac Pro running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

GuitarBuilder

Thanks, Steve!

I have 3 FTPs: the on-guitar device, a Fender FTP Strat, and a Godin Session Custom FTP.  The first updated from v2.12 to v2.33 after 3 tries, the Godin updated from v2.28 to v2.33 after 6 (!) attempts, but the Fender refuses to take the new firmware even after a dozen tries!

admin

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on May 26, 2018, 06:11:57 PM
Thanks, Steve!

I have 3 FTPs: the on-guitar device, a Fender FTP Strat, and a Godin Session Custom FTP.  The first updated from v2.12 to v2.33 after 3 tries, the Godin updated from v2.28 to v2.33 after 6 (!) attempts, but the Fender refuses to take the new firmware even after a dozen tries!
Does this FW update failure mean your   Tripleplay Strat is dead?

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: admin on May 26, 2018, 08:51:31 PM
Does this FW update failure mean your   Tripleplay Strat is dead?

Not dead, v2.88 connects fine and I see string responses on FTP.  Just have this ultra-annoying popup that insists on upgrading to v2.33.  The popup prevents me from using the Fishman software.

shawnb

Some random thoughts of things to try...

I would try plugging the ftp receiver into different usb ports on your computer.  Avoid hubs.  I'd also make sure the ftp is fully charged.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

GuitarBuilder

Thanks, Shawnb!

I repeated the process on my Windows 10 laptop and the firmware updated successfully, albeit after two tries.  There's something funky about the FTP approach to firmware updates that causes the reconnect at the end of the procedure to fail.  Apparently it needs that last step to complete the procedure successfully.

A high pucker factor procedure!

ghostofweedon

I was having this same issue updating the controller from 2.33 to 2.50. I got my tripleplay 2nd hand so (correct me if I am wrong) I can't create an account on the fishman site in order to download a version of the software older than 1.4.177.

After trying the update many times I finally got it to install by connecting the controller to my PC by usb cable. Not sure if it is that fact that the cable was giving it power or it just meant it was in closer proximity to the receiver that did the trick. I don't believe it did any data transfer over the wire.

I thought I'd add this to the thread because this site is one of the only helpful results that come up when searching for this stuff...

admin

Quote from: ghostofweedon on April 06, 2021, 03:37:13 PM
I was having this same issue updating the controller from 2.33 to 2.50. I got my tripleplay 2nd hand so (correct me if I am wrong) I can't create an account on the fishman site in order to download a version of the software older than 1.4.177.

After trying the update many times I finally got it to install by connecting the controller to my PC by usb cable. Not sure if it is that fact that the cable was giving it power or it just meant it was in closer proximity to the receiver that did the trick. I don't believe it did any data transfer over the wire.

I thought I'd add this to the thread because this site is one of the only helpful results that come up when searching for this stuff...

Used Tripleplay  contact Fishman Customer Support
https://www.fishman.com/contact/