Carvin Audio Closes Factory, Will Liquidate Assets

Started by admin, October 10, 2017, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

http://www.guitarworld.com/gear-news-amplifiers/carvin-audio-closes-factory-will-liquidate-assets/31902

Posted 10/10/2017 by Guitar World Staff

Carvin Audio has announced that—after 70 years in operation—it is closing its San Diego factory and liquidating the entirety of its stock.
In a Facebook post, Carvin wrote "It is with a heavy heart that we announce that the Carvin Audio factory will be closing its doors after over 70 years. We are thankful for the many years we've had in this business and the support you all have given us."
"We'd like to thank all of you for your devotion to our gear and championing us live, in the studio, and on social media," the statement continued. "We hope to see our gear live on in your musical lives for many years to come!"
All items on the Carvin Audio website have been marked down by 25 percent, and all sales on items are final.
The future of the company at this moment in time remains uncertain.

https://carvinaudio.com/

mordecai

Wow this is unfortunate but in a way expected. The guitars were the glue that kept it going. I love my Carvin CT4 and am planning on buying another. I've been thinking of getting an EL84 type amp and this may be the perfect time to get a Vintage 16. But then again I have a line on a nice AC10C1...

Kiesel has really gone all out with their guitars and am excited to see what they do, having this happen will let them nearly fully separate from the old.

GuitarBuilder

Bummer!  I always felt their amps were really good.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Rhcole

Note that the article also suggests that the future of the entire company is uncertain.

I was posting like crazy on Carvin's site 10 years ago. I was one of the main advocates for their 13 pin guitars.
Something happened along the way when they shifted over to making Kiesel branded instruments a few years ago. Somehow they started emphasizing extreme looking guitars with (to me) some very grotesque looking finishes.

I have to believe there were different camps within the company with no united front.

admin

Quote from: Rhcole on October 11, 2017, 10:23:41 AM
Note that the article also suggests that the future of the entire company is uncertain.

I was posting like crazy on Carvin's site 10 years ago. I was one of the main advocates for their 13 pin guitars.
Something happened along the way when they shifted over to making Kiesel branded instruments a few years ago. Somehow they started emphasizing extreme looking guitars with (to me) some very grotesque looking finishes.

I have to believe there were different camps within the company with no united front.

agreed
https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/

Majiken

:'( I still have my'84 XV-100 combo with the original EV speaker, great loud clean punch, even used it with an additional 18" speaker for bass. Used to spend hours dreaming over their catalogs..... sad news....
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

Guido81

Bad news indeed, I remember we use to use a carvin power amp with the bass it was a blast!.
I just browsed their website, it seems all amps are sold LOL only vinyl covers and footswitches are left

admin

Quote from: Guido81 on October 12, 2017, 09:17:03 AM
Bad news indeed, I remember we use to use a carvin power amp with the bass it was a blast!.
I just browsed their website, it seems all amps are sold LOL only vinyl covers and footswitches are left

Glad you brought that up

This Carvin CBVL300 bag fits the Katana Head with room for cables and accessories 
https://carvinaudio.com/collections/carrying-bags/products/cbvl300

I got the Carvin CBVL300 bag  - it fits the Katana Head+ GA-FC and a few cables very well!

Guido81

:D nice! @admsustainiac
They have good prices, all sold in 2 days
Hey I saw that it's still available a Steve Vai tube drive pedal (legacy), for those interested. I pass, I already have a Maxon OD/dist tube pedal

arkieboy

What was the gear like?

They never had significant distribution in the UK that I can recall - I've never seen the gear in any shops, just in ads in US music mags and on the web.

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4