SY-300: Tri-Chorus+Pad: Probably a Must-Have Patch, SY-300 At Its Best

Started by Rhcole, February 18, 2018, 02:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

This is a really, really nice-sounding and versatile patch. I got inspired by watching the video of the new Inspire Tri-Chorus pedal by Neunaber. I immediately lusted for it. Then a moment later I thought "wait a minute here...".

A Tri-Chorus done right is 3 choruses that when combined cause the underlying LFOs beneath them to become undetectable. It was an 80's tonal innovation.

What I did was I FAKED an actual Tri-Chorus by cheating, sort of. I used two Rev/Chorus blocks, and then used the Mod reverb in each one. Well, the mod reverbs are sort of like subtle choruses, and by using two of them, you get a gentle rolling chorus sound. Bingo! Then I added the two choruses with slightly varying rates that change constantly. The result sounds like Rush's "Red Barcetta" Tri-Chorus. Not bad. Ctl 1 decreases the effect.

I paired this with a pad that fills in the backspace very nicely. Exp varies the pad volume
Both sounds together are pretty awesome. I think you're gonna like it.  :)

ElliotG

Example attached.

I bring in the pad more as the example goes on.  There is something hypnotic about this patch.

chrish

Peter the GR-eat...

Cool!

This inspired me to give the SY-300  yet another try!