Katana Controling Volume

Started by Andy B, January 02, 2018, 01:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy B

Hi, Before you all get too excited I am new to this and I probably have missed the obvious but here we go.

Recently bought a Katana 50, FS 6 footpedal and a EV30 expression pedal because that was what was suggested in the Katana manual. I now realise that the foot pedal and expression pedal cant be connected into the same socket at the same time. I want to be able to switch effects (FS6) but would also like to vary volume (EV30). How can I do this? Would some sort of switch work so it was one or the other going into the socket? If so what? Or is it bite the bullet time and buy a separate volume pedal to plug the guitar through before the amp. Or is there an effects switch with expression function that would allow me to do what I want.

If it helps we are a covers band that gigs occasionally (very) so spending mega $ is not really an option.

Thanks and please be kind.

Andy

gumtown

You are stuck with one mode or the other, which involves setting of the Katana to use one or the other, but not both.
Another option is to look at the PRIMOVA MIDX-20 device to give additional control via USB.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Boris

I have Roland GA-FC controller plugged into the amp. This allows me to switch fx on/off on a given preset & also switch between presets. I have a Roland EV5 pedal plugged into the GA-FC to control amp volume. No power required for the EV5. I guess the EV30 will work too. You can plug a second EV5 (EV30) into the GA-FC to control the pedal wah.

Th EV5 is less expensive than the EV30 & made of plastic but seems pretty solid so far. There is also an adjustment knob to set how low you want the volume to go.

gumtown

The GAFC foot controller option is only available for the 100 watt model Katana's
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Boris

I didn't realize that.. obviously. Thanks.

Elantric

Smash

I thought there were 8 memories now on the 100s and 4 on the 50s?

admin

Quote from: Smash on January 02, 2018, 09:41:14 AM
I thought there were 8 memories now on the 100s and 4 on the 50s?

After latest firmware - yes there are 8 memory locations on 100 watt, and 4 memory location on 50 watt