KONTAKT 4

Started by Jim Williams, October 14, 2010, 07:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

I have been using soft synths controlled by the VG99 for quite some time now. I have installed many great plugins But it seemed that they were made for keyboard players. I found the Kontakt 4 sampled libraries to be the most sophisticated and optioned packed sounds on the planet. I found the same issue it was made for a keyboard player. I have discovered A product to add on to kontakt that turns it into a guitar based program. It adds a multi script to your instruments that guitar synth players can use. instead of complicated midi filters and routing it has controls for each string and fret filters. The company is EvenHarmonic and the program is called Gtak. It costs about $97.00 and its worth every penny. if you do guitar to midi you cant be without Kontakt and Gtak. You will also need a synth host like Brainspawns Forte 2 for about $150.00 but if you are short on cash after buying Native Instruments Komplete 7 and Gtak you can download vsthost for free. It is not as complicated as Forte but you can get most of the features forte has to offer. I haven't tried it live but at home it has tested well.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

TBurbank

Thanks for the review, gtrjimmy.

EvenHarmonics has a series of videos on their YouTube channel with tutorials and explanations of their GTak software product:

http://www.youtube.com/user/evenharmonicvideos

Here's their website: http://evenharmonic.com/videos/gtak4_overview

I haven't used it but it certainly looks interesting.

best regards,
Truman

Jim Williams

Hey Y'all
Here is a sample of what can be done with Kontakt and GTak. I used Cubase to record this piece, I used to use Sonar but I am getting some good results from Cubase.

Jim Williams

Hey All,
I got Kore 2 this week and besides being a great VST instrument it is also a good VST host it seems to be very stable and you can save performances as patches and change them via the VG-99.