VG99 & XV-2020 sensativity problems.....

Started by gitman66, March 26, 2010, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitman66

Hello,
   I have the VG99 and the XV-2020 midied together but the sensativity for the XV-2020 is so touchy. I've tried all the different combinations of touch settings in the VG but I can't take my fingers of the fretboard without the XV going off. Is it maybe the settings for my GK? anyone?
Thanks

paults

Yeas, It sounds like your GK is set too high. Is it the recommended distance from the strings? What are your current settings?

Brent Flash

Yes, this is good advice, use the tool for the distance and set sensitivity setting lower in the GK setup. If your guitar does not use the GK then just lower the sensitivity of the hex pickup you are using.

gitman66

gitman66

Okay, my GK string settings were at about 65. I lowered them to 10 and that worked...is 10 to low of a number to have?

Brent Flash

Quote from: gitman66 on March 28, 2010, 06:27:14 PM
Okay, my GK string settings were at about 65. I lowered them to 10 and that worked...is 10 to low of a number to have?
Not if it works! :)
Mine average around 20.

paults

If that's what works with your particular set up, its all good.  You may check the "Play Feel" parameter in Guitar to MIDI, and see if changing it lets you raise it any above that. I'm just suggesting that to give you ,more patch-specific options.  

Hey - this just occurred to me.  Check the pitch bend range programmed in your synthesizer's patches (or the global range fro the synth, if that's the case).  If it is too high, it will read the slightest variation in pitch as a controller change.

gitman66

HOLY CRAP!!!!!  I use to have a GR33 that tracked so nice and I sold it to get this rack mount XV-2020 and I can't get the thing to work right. I play a G chord with a Piano sound and as soon as I take my hand off it barks out other notes....AHHHHH I've tried all the different GK sensitivity settings and the 'FEEL" thing...Nothing. I don't see any sensitivity settings on the XV-2020 software....HELP!!!!!

gitman66

I've kinda figured it out...I can't use the Poly setting. I have to use Mono and assign each string...seems to work without any sensitivity problems. Thanks.