Membership headed to 42,000!

Started by Brent Flash, February 12, 2010, 11:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autana

Quote from: admsustainiac on November 17, 2015, 10:59:06 AM
Membership approaching 15,000!

done!

- 15K!! santo cielo Batman!  I'm glad to be on board of Noah's VG ark...while there is still room  8)   Congratulations!
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

JoBoss

Its an honor to be part of this great forum.  I have learned so much from this site.  Never seen a more civilized forum.  I am glad I joined and I will strive to spread the good word around so that many more join.  Thank you each one of you for making this a wonderful ongoing experience.   :)

Elantric

QuoteMembership approaching 16,000!

Should occur in 10 days

whippinpost91850

admin

CodeSmart

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Elantric

Thanks

we are averaging 250 to 300 new members per month - so by June  2016 we should reach 17,000 members 

gumbo

That's incredible!
Thanks again for all your work Steve!   :-*

All the best,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

JoBoss

Astounding......must say thanks to a lot of folks on this site and Steve YOU are indefatigable......may you live a hundred years more.... ;D

Tony Raven

I'm leery of the big numbers. I was on a board with 11,000+ "members," but the owners closed it because there were only about 30 regulars. :( Some of the "members" hadn't even returned for six years or more!

However, I do take that 16K milestone as a good indicator of this board's health, particularly for the dozens of regular posters, some of whom are quite... oh, how to say this nicely... well-established. ;D

And when search-engining for ANYTHING Roland-related but particularly for guitar modeling/synthesis, VGF shows up quite high.

My thanks to Elantric, & to all of you as well, for your advice & occasional assistance. My only regret is that I couldna got into this stuff a quarter century back...

MCK

Quote from: Elantric on February 19, 2016, 05:51:12 PM
Thanks

we are averaging 250 to 300 new members per month - so by June  2016 we should reach 17,000 members

Party coming up! Couldn't be happier. Congratulations.

admin

QuoteMembership approaching 17,000!

Very soon now!

Elantric

The interesting statistic is back in March 2016, we had 25,000,000 page views

Today ( 3 months later) we have  2,000,000 more page views  - so we have a few non member "Guest" lurkers, which means interest in our discussions here is high.

We are now averaging over 600,000 page views per month.
Most of that traffic no doubt is due to search engine web bot traffic, which scours the site daily and explains why typing "Roland GK 13 Guitar synth" into a search engine yields our site always among the top hits, often on page 1 of the search results 

Click here
http://bfy.tw/6AHG

admin

aliensporebomb

I get a lot of questions in private messages here from various people including from "names" in the biz on occasion.  When I'm out in public at music stores and encounter people who want to know more but they have no idea where to go I mention vguitarforums and mention I'm a moderator there and if they are trying to get started in this to drop me a line.

Word of mouth can do amazing things.  But I think people seeing this stuff live by various bands and players is making it seem "normal" to the next generation so.....
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

admin

QuoteRe: Membership approaching 18,000!

should occur this week

we have been gaining around 3,000 new members each year for a while now - so interest in high tech guitar continues 

( . )( . )

Majiken

Very interesting statistics! I'm surprised at a few, like the predominance of the GR-55 and the relative obscurity of the GP-10. I imagine the unit sales figures bear a certain corelation.
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

shawnb

The gr-55 is still the most popular unit by far.  The most successful, commercially.

Due to the mix of modeling & pcm in the same unit,  I sense it is the device of choice for cover bands out there.    Look at all the song-specific patches available on our forum!
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

whippinpost91850

That's what I use the GR55 for..... I need to revisit the song specific patches :)

admin

whippinpost91850

Elantric

We should hit 19,000 members by 2017 Winter NAMM show.

And we celebrate 9 years of VGuitarForums this month too!

Jan 22 2008 - founding day of forum ( 2008 Winter NAMM)
Jan 2009
Jan 2010
Jan 2011
Jan 2012
Jan 2013
Jan 2014
Jan 2015
Jan 2016
Jan 2017

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=stats

and  136,412 posts, and 30,636,360 page views

Majiken

Now if THAT ain't reason to party  :D!
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks