GR-33 - No crossfade between the mag pickups and the GK in the 33. Am I wrong?

Started by JiveTurkey, January 18, 2018, 06:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiveTurkey

Thread title says it all. I know there is a guitar out and return but I am not seeing the ability to crossfade from one to the other in the 33 like you could in the 55. Am I missing something? I have other ways of making it work in place  :P ;D just curious. I have been wasting time with the FTP so much and not working on the integration of the rest of my normal guitar gear.

admin

The GR-55 is unique as its the only box that combines Guitar to PCM Synth ( as used in GR-09 GR-30, GR-20, GR-33), and COSM VGuitar Processing

the  GR-09 GR-30, GR-20, GR-33 Guitar to PCM Synth units lack COSM VGuitar processing, and were designed to have their outputs fed into a separate full range amplifier. The Normal Mag PU signal is never available on the GR-09 GR-30, GR-20, GR-33 main outputs on these Synth only models as they are intended to feed Full range amplifier - like a keyboard synth

On the GR-09 GR-30, GR-20, GR-33  - The Normal MAG PU signal is output from the dedicated "Guitar Out" jack to feed other guitar FX and and then a guitar amp  - or a separate Guitar FX/Amp Modeling system

In live performance the GR-09, GR-30, GR-20, GR-33 owner typically uses the GK-2A / GK-3 three way "Guitar / Mix / "Synth" switch to change the signals  - No crossfade available

The older 1986 GM-70 rack Guitar to MIDI system included a stereo VCA Voltage controlled Amplifier) to allow an EV-5  expression pedal to "pan" between the connected external MIDI Tone module ( via MIDI ), and the Normal Guitar signal (via VCA)

JiveTurkey

The GM-70 panning method is BY FAR my favorite way of using my guitar synth gear on a live front. I have it all running in one signal chain to FRFR amplification and crossfade from synth tones back to traditional guitar using my EV5. Or the onboard exp pedal in the case of the 55 or GP10.

Thanks for the clarification, Adm!

admin

Agreed - its a shame the GM-70 is just so damn sluggish with high latency as a Guitar to MIDI system. 

whippinpost91850

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 18, 2018, 07:23:52 AM
Agreed - its a shame the GM-70 is just so damn sluggish with high latency as a Guitar to MIDI system.
Agree, I loved the way it handled different modules though