2012 Godin xtSA does it have the latest electronics?

Started by Chumly, January 13, 2018, 08:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chumly

...or has there been changes in the high-pass filter for better 13 pin output, improvement with the piezo saddles, etc?

Much thanks!
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Elantric

Chumly

I'd surely like to, but I have not yet bought it, and I probably won't buy it unless I can be sure it has the latest electronics package.  I am not sure if the seller would allow me to remove the cover-plate etc. prior to purchase.  Much thanks!
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

gumbo

Quote from: Chumly on January 14, 2018, 12:32:06 AM
I'd surely like to, but I have not yet bought it, and I probably won't buy it unless I can be sure it has the latest electronics package.  I am not sure if the seller would allow me to remove the cover-plate etc. prior to purchase.  Much thanks!

Get him to take it off and send you a photo...
...depends how much he wants / needs to make a sale.. ;)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

CodeSmart

If you get the Serial number you may ask Godin. They will most likely answer you.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Chumly

Everyone's suggestions make total sense, I'll have to wait and see if the seller responds with accepting my offer before I move ahead with the conditions of sale.  I had some hope that the year of manufacture might indicate if it has the most current electronics, but I guess the year of manufacture is too general (unless of course it's brand new).

Much obliged!

Chumly

The seller has agreed to my offer, and I have emailed Godin with the provided serial number, asking if this 2012 xtSA has the latest RMC electronics package. The seller seemed disinclined to remove the control cavity cover and shoot me a photo, alas.

mmmmgtr

I'd confirm with the seller that it is 100% factory stock.  Those boards are interchangeable.  Someone could swap boards.  The only way to know for sure that this particular guitar has a certain version of the board is to get a picture of the actual board that's installed in the guitar.

I'm being a bit paranoid,  but it could happen.

Chumly

You make a very good point.  I'll remove the cover for a look-see if I buy it, as well as asking ahead of time if it's unmolested.

Chumly

I emailed RMC at about 6:00 pm this Sunday night (with the xtSA's serial number not the board's number) and I received an email back about one hour later.  That is spectacular promptness and support and based on that level of professionalism, (and from what I've read here) I would be more than happy to buy RMC stuff.  I also received a photo of the board from the seller and the numbers are: 030720 © 2003 so it's a no-go for me and this guitar, that's for sure.  Obliged one and all for the kind words!

Any-who, here is the body of the email:

Thanks for your interest in RMC products.

All RMC products are available directly from us and we ship worldwide.

A Godin xtSA with a serial number starting with "06" was built in 2006.  If the seller bought it in 2012, then I believe he bought it used or it  sat in a store unsold for 6 years until he bought it (not likely).

The current electronics in the xtSA is our PDX-02E Poly-Drive X preamp introduced about 3 months ago. It's easy to identify becuase it's the first version of this preamp having surface-mount resistors and capacitors. All previous versions had through-hole components.

I hope the information provided will be helpful. If you have any further questions about RMC products, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

RMC  Richard McClish

gumbo

Glad you got it resolved!

...FWIW, have never heard a bad word said about RMC.

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...