Author Topic: SY- 300- Thru/Return separated  (Read 223 times)

Offline gobi

SY- 300- Thru/Return separated
« on: January 07, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
Maybe I'm blind, I'm searching a way to separate the Thru/Send chain from the SY300, so I can use the Chain only.
Seems I need a separate switch to do so?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:51:31 AM by admsustainiac »
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

Offline ElliotG

Re: SY- 300- Thru/Return separated
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 11:39:57 AM »
As I understand your question, you would like to turn down (off) the direct signal and use only the return signal coming back from an external effect or stomp box.  To do this click on the Thru/Rtn level box in the routing chart, and adjust the direct signal.  If your looking to do something else,let me know.

Hope that helps!
Elliot

Offline gobi

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 12:56:18 PM »
yes, that would work, but  then I have do program it  eyerytime. There is now way to do it general? I guess I have to do it by a external switch, for example by simply switching between Sy-300 output and "Chain" output - the input could stay like it is then.

I'm planing my new experimental pedal board an try to figure out the best way to include the 300

Offline ElliotG

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
The thru return is a patch level assignment, so yes the level could be set on a  per patch basis.  You could also assign this level to a quick knob.

Better would be to use a controller assignment set to "system" in the assignment menu.  This will work on all patches.
For example, you could use a control pedal button (CTRL 1) and set it as a system assignment.  It will then work on all patches.
You could do the same thing with an expression pedal or a MIDI controller, also set to "system" to adjust this level as well.

If you have any trouble with the assignments - let me know.

Offline gobi

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 02:31:07 AM »
OK, thanks a lot, good idea - I'll check this

Offline gobi

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 12:51:35 PM »
i set under "System" / Output / MainoutOfmod to "Synth of"
 so I can still use the pedal, even if effect is of - but, yes now Ihave to program it everytime - thats ok

Offline gobi

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:23:23 AM »
also not good, because of wrong volume. If in a patch the thru volume is smal, it stays small.

I guess, I need a seperate switch

Offline ElliotG

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:31:45 AM »
Please share more detail on what you are trying to achieve.

Could an expression pedal controlling the mix achieve what you are after?

Offline gobi

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 06:43:49 AM »
I'm figuring out my Pedalboard, which is kind of special....
There are a few effects in "THRU RETURN" path. If you push the ON/OFF these effects are also quiet, sometimes OK. But it would be also good to have only this chain on and the SY300 of.
In the way I tried the last time, the Cain stays in the Volume that's set by the SY300, but I need it in the normal input volume.
I'll build a switch between RETURN and SY300 out, this should work

Offline gumtown

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 05:58:00 PM »
It would have been nice if the "SYNTH ON/OFF" button was more configurable, instead of Synth off or Bypass.
In the past to do the same as you want, I have either dragged the SUB OUT block into the signal chain just after the RETURN.
Or used a CTL pedal to switch/toggle the SYNTH output volume between 0 and 100.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from http://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Offline ElliotG

« Reply #10 on: Today at 10:17:40 AM »
I’d suggest trying a CTL pedal, as gumtown suggested,  prior to building a switch to bypass the SY300.   It will simplify the wiring on the pedal board.

You can use CTL 2 or 3 to prototype the idea, then buy or build a switch for CTL 4 or 5 if it works out.  You can use the assigns to have the switch turn the synth volume to zero( or change the  mix) and set the return volume to 100.   I believe this will acccomplish what your looking for.

If you set the CTL to system level (VS patch level), you will only need to do it once, not on a per patch basis. 

Let me know if you need any help with setting the assignments.

Blog