GT-6 four cable help!

Started by LeonMallah, January 06, 2018, 09:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeonMallah

I hope there's still people on this forum! I'm trying the 4cm with my GT-6 and 5150. It kinda works. I get my dirty tone from my amp ok, and my clean tone that I programmed as well, but for some reason my 2 lead tones, one with heavy effects use and one with light delay, don't have any effects on them. Basically any patch I make with my 5150s preamp disables any effects after the preamp. I referenced several diagrams for the 4CM so I know it's set up correctly. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I have midi based software to configure patches as well. Help!!

admin

Quote from: LeonMallah on January 06, 2018, 09:41:40 AM
I hope there's still people on this forum! I'm trying the 4cm with my GT-6 and 5150. It kinda works. I get my dirty tone from my amp ok, and my clean tone that I programmed as well, but for some reason my 2 lead tones, one with heavy effects use and one with light delay, don't have any effects on them. Basically any patch I make with my 5150s preamp disables any effects after the preamp. I referenced several diagrams for the 4CM so I know it's set up correctly. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I have midi based software to configure patches as well. Help!!

Use one of Gumtowns GT6 Floorboard Editors and upload the problem patch for review

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/

LeonMallah

I tried to use gumtowns editor, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work. It worked one time for me. I made a few patches and the next morning I went to make more and it wouldn't work. I'm using the Partheus GT-6 Manager now and it works fine. I believe it uses sysex files as well. I could try and upload a patch, but it's not just one patch. It's any patch with the 5150 preamp. If I disengage the preamp the bypassed guitar tone has the effects.